If You Are Going Water Hunting Or Hunt In The Rain, Please Read This (AT Series)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
preventative_zps3cffc4f6.jpg~original

Although all metal detector manufacturers do their darnedest to water proof their water machines, time has a way of making minute changes on detectors, sometimes to the point where they will eventually take on water. Detectors get banged around, seals dry, rubber breaks down, UV rays create havoc on most materials and moving parts can eventually wear out. These are also compromised by dissolved salt in the water and sediment finding little spaces to hide and plug things up. The best example is the lower and upper rod seizing at the end of the summer, due to people not washing down the detector after a hunt.

Showering with a friend might save you $$$, but showering with your detector will keep you in the game......making $$$ :walk:

preventative.jpg

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice info, thanks for sharing it to us

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
preventative_zps3cffc4f6.jpg~original

Although all metal detector manufacturers do their darnedest to water proof their water machines, time has a way of making minute changes on detectors, sometimes to the point where they will eventually take on water. Detectors get banked around, seals dry, rubber breaks down, UV rays create havoc on most materials and moving parts can eventually wear out. These are also compromised by dissolved salt in the water and sediment finding little spaces to hide and plug things up. The best example is the lower and upper rod seizing at the end of the summer, due to people not washing down the detector after a hunt.

Showering with a friend might save you $$$, but showering with your detector will keep you in the game......making $$$ :walk:

View attachment 832964

I currently own 5 water machines, and one has leaked. My fault too......the machine fell and the housing cracked. I didn't see it untill it was too late. My oldest water machine is about 12 years old, and has given me no problems whatsoever!

A little pre-check & pre-maintenance goes a long way! Just compare you machine to a car....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shower with my detectors every time I return home... Never a good idea to leave a detector in a hot closed car for long periods of time either...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shower mine at the beach and then hose it down when I get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions