If You could have ANY metal detector.....?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets see i know the ..Minelab GPX-4000 ..........and mybe the ..Garrett..INFINIUM-LS.........==Jim==

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Duh, THAT'S a no-brainer!

My Compass Relic & Coin, hands down.

Or, if I didn't have it I'd take the Compass Goldscanner Pro, because it's the same animal with a different name on the box.

I'm surprised that there is even a question about which one. Most people already know that the old Compasses VLF's excel at relics, nuggets, coins, beach hunting, etc., the best all-around detector ever made anywhere. Or if they don't know, they certainly should. Only a Nexus and a PI go deeper, plus the Compasses have the best discriminators ever made.

For everybody's information, Compass INVENTED the DD coil, auto-retune, and auto-return to null. They also invented multi-filter technology too.

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the new Excalibur is an underwater version of the GT then, gimme gimme gimme ;D

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I am pretty happy with what I have ;D

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Larsmed;
I am very happy with my Minelab SD2100v2 with all of it's accessories and coils. I'd hate to use it for coin shooting but it's a daisy for relic hunting in non trashy areas!
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
did you say compass?

I have never heard of that kind of detector? You really think it is the best machine out there?? I wonder why it isn't advertised as much as the other brands??

do you have a company website so i can get some more info?? Much appreciated!!

Larry

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm to old to dig the holes the Infinium LS wants you to dig.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a New Sovereign.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
It doesn't take an unlimited amount of money and I already have the detectors I want. Now, if I had time to use the detectors......................

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like: Detech ssp-3000 with all coils.
And/Or a Infinium LS

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
Larsmed said:
did you say compass?

I have never heard of that kind of detector? You really think it is the best machine out there?? I wonder why it isn't advertised as much as the other brands??

do you have a company website so i can get some more info?? Much appreciated!!

Larry

Compass has been out of business for a while now. The models he mentioned were made back in the late 80's. I wouldn't go as far as calling them the "best ever" but I really like my gold scanner pro. With the 8" coil, it's still much better at picking the goodies out of the trash than my Tejon with a 5.75" coil. In older areas with very little trash, I get a little more depth with the Tejon and standard coil than with the Compass in the sandy loam soils around here. http://www.losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ArchiveView.cfm?ID=lt19890520

I'd like to try an F-75 or that Pulse Devil thing if it ever makes it to market.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I have pretty close to it, but if I had a wad of cash to spend away, it would be an Explorer II with a few coil options and a Sunray X-1 Probe mounted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions