If you had $1 million in cash, would you?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had thy kind of bank roll you could hire someone to crh for you.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id get an armoured car service come to my house.....no dumping or pickups!

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still going with the pay someone. Imagine not having to strain your eyes, no more dirty digits, no more finger cramps. You could just sit there in your smoking jacket and watch. Plus if you pay the guy right. You could have him do your happy dance when you find silver.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
i would but for 1-2 silver avg per box i would quit and buy businesses or flip houses or go storage auctions

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still going with the pay someone. Imagine not having to strain your eyes, no more dirty digits, no more finger cramps. You could just sit there in your smoking jacket and watch. Plus if you pay the guy right. You could have him do your happy dance when you find silver.

CRH does not pay enough for that, especially when you already have a million. It is the fun that pays you.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering that a Million really isn't that much money nowa days, yes, I would still CRH, it would be a lot easier though with that kinda bank roll, the rest would be invested in property and sustained income. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory is that $1,000,000 with fractional reserve provides a local bank with 1/10 reserve the ability to lend $10,000,000 from my $1,000,000 deposit. If they lend the $10,000,000 at 4%, they make $400,000 a year from me as a customer before any cost to them for dumping $50,000 a week. HH

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol Having a flashback of when this question was asked in the movie Office Space =P

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
talk to a bank about franchise'n opportunities; own a branch order as much as you want; fire all the tellas and hirer some serious C/R/H'ers off this site to work their on partial silver commission. its a win-win scenario.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
go surfing images.jpg

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
i would but for 1-2 silver avg per box i would quit and buy businesses or flip houses or go storage auctions

Flipping houses is actual work. It does look like fun, but I am betting that when it gets right down to it, it is probably more work than fun.

Storage Auctions is a lousy business. 99.999% of the stuff you find is barely sell able at thrift stores. The rest is outright dump. From what I understand, the REAL odds of finding something great and/or valuable is remote. I know someone who is in real trouble economically speaking. He has some real treasures in his storage locker. I've told him that if he will let me sell the stuff, I will pay off the locker, and then we can do a 50/50 split on everything I sell. The GOOD stuff rarely goes for repossession. (Those auction shows are fixed... Believe me, I know).

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I would buy a Ground Lease for a local business with maybe 5 or 10 years or so on the lease. I would allow them to stay, if they keyed the rent to the consumer price index (or some other inflationary price index). That would keep me in the chips... I would then retire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread