If you had $175 to buy a detector what would you get?

adalabama

Jun 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED! GOT ONE!!If you had $175 to buy a detector what would you get?

I just came home with a BH quick Silver. It was obvious when I got it home someone bought it and returned it. No paperwork, everything out of the plastic. Well, since it was already opened I figured Id try it out. It just beeps. I could do nothing to stop it from beeping. Without the manual I didnt know what I was doing. I held it over some coins and the beeping didnt change. Im thinking thats why it was returned.
Anyway, Im looking for my 1st one. What would you get?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing u can do is read ur manual so u get an understanding of how it works,just cuz u turn up the disc dont mean.more depth, second even try there websight for mayb some how to vids those r a big help aswell as online forums youtube more knowing ur Machine more finds good luck

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent ya a PM how to use the discrim on the Compadre.
Have fun. :)

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with a compadre. It is a great turn on and go detector. I still have one. Good luck! HH

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adlabama

So what do ya think?
Did it help?

OP
OP
A

adalabama

Jun 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, Im excited. I cant wait to go out tomorrow. Thank yoU!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem.

Glad I could help.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
Big chunks of trash are often impossible to ignore or discriminate out. Many years ago near a set of train tracks near La Vita Colorado, I found what must have been a train wreck site. There were huge (200 to 1000 lb) chunks of Iron just a foot or 2 down from the surface. After digging up parts of these I finally moved on to another location because there was nothing I could do to tune out these giant iron pieces, None of these were collectable as they were shattered, rusty and barely recognizable as steam train parts. When I detect in the mountains, I often come across large areas where there are thousands of nails - where I hunt, they often get 10 to 15 feet of snow a year, and after 50 years or so, abandoned buildings rot away leaving just the metal parts - this is also a place that can't be adjusted out by your detector. However, these are often good sites because people were there at one time, and other places near these problem areas often have good targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread