If you had to pick, what are your four favorite metal detector frequencies?

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Suncoast Kid

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
Thank you for all who posted reasonable comments to the original question. Seems the results so far are (kHz): 3, 19, 26-30, and 48.
Yes, I do own, or have owned SMF detectors, Deus II, Manticore, Legend, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT, etc., and I hunt salt water beaches where I feel that a SMF detector is a must, in my own opinion, to maintain top performance in that kind of environment.
On the other hand, when hunting inland, in highly contaminated sites, such as old habitation, and where buildings have burned down, with a bed of old iron and square nails, I've found as the old timers have advised, that using an analog detector is the best option, as it will pull targets from these sites, that other modern detectors can't touch. I thought the Deus I did quite well in these areas, and it does somewhat, but some of these new faster recovery analog single frequency metal detectors can hit non-ferrous targets, at depth, even if they are laying in a carpet of iron and square nails.
Take a pile of old square nails, and make a carpet with them, where they completely cover the ground, put a coin on top, especially a gold one, and then try your favorite detector and see if you can get it. Good luck. 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread