If you like Civil War relics..

U

umrgolf

I just got the kepi company letter A back from Roland Frodigh, had a bent leg.

Anyway, these are my better finds for 2012 so far.

In the picture with the spur and lead knuckles is a combination gun tool, bullet worm, and tompion.

The buttons are mainly Eagle I's, one Eagle C, and a few of the nicer General Service. The B and D company letters are cast brass and the A is stamped.
These are all the silvers from camps this year aside from one 1854 halfdime, gave it to coach croft for putting me on the spot that had the Baby US buckle. Not pictured is about 400 dropped bullets of about 15 different varieties, hundreds of fired bullets, and many many other Union CW relics.

Oddly enough, I dug a Navy button yesterday here in Central Missouri. ??? ..... Say what? :laughing7:

IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0145.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great CW relics Jeff , nice restoration on the kepi letter A .. :icon_scratch: Navy button out in Mo. is odd but that's nothing unusual in this hobby .. strange and unlikely finds happen all the time which keeps it interesting :laughing7:

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very nice! Keep diggin'!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice display Jeff, BAD to the bone!! You really cleaned up on the CW period silvers!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

That's a nice display Jeff, BAD to the bone!! You really cleaned up on the CW period silvers!

Thanks, the only two coppers I dug from the camps were an 1859 Indian and a No date Braided hair Large Cent..

Thanks guys, I've seen some odd things dawg but a Navy? lol I'm smack dab in the center of the country, you can barely fit a bass boat in the rivers around here. :laughing7:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're really cleaning up this year Jeff. Love the company letters and silver. Keep making those videos too!

Walter

Feb 18, 2012
Dumfries, VA
Detector(s) used
Garret 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, hard to believe that middle Missouri has lot ofCivil War relict

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relic collection. I'm envious....lol. My CW collection has grown a lot but is at a stand still right now. Havn't been able to find any new or half way decent sites close by in quite some time. Do you have a picture of your navy button? One of my hunting buddies found a CW navy button here locally a few years ago. We're on the Mississippi here though. Where in central MO are you located? Just curious, might have to get together for a hunt sometime....if I can find a spot worth hunting on....lol. HH

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics! Recovering CW relics must be an outstanding feeling. I love diggin coins but i take relics over a coin every day!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great looking displays!
Buttons move all around...
Found a pre CW Kentucky Cadet button way up here in NH.
Love those kepi letters! HH & Keep em coming :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread