If you like pennies...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Got up with the knowledge that rain could be part of my day so headed off to one of the larger cities 40+ miles away. Had forgot to tell SS I was heading his way to drop off something and ended up about 25 or thirty miles away hoping for a call. First school I hit was one of the school I hunted a couple weeks ago where I left coins because of the heat...and started right back where I'd left off...digging pennies, school is back so had more pennies to pick up. Using my Ace 250 I was going to dig everything and think I did. Next school was the other I had left coins and started on the pennies again, multiple coins in holes and found my first of two Sacajawea dollars for the day. After leaving the second school checked my map and hit a third tot lot. This place had very few coins but every piece of junk jewelry came from here, so on to school #4 and loaded with pennies, #5 found a second Sacajawea and alot of pennies. The last school was loaded and every hit had multiple coins(mostly pennies) but didn't finish half before I decided to go. All these schools were in a bad part of town and one of the bullets was thrown right at me from a few youths. One of me, ten or so of them talking about making this cracker leave, so convinced a few memorial cents wasn't worth it I headed off to #7, but a call from my g/f and to be honest all that bending over had taken its toll and headed home. take for the day:

2 Sacajawea Dollars
15 quarters
50 dimes
35 nickels
191 memorial cents
293 total coins $14.41

All coins found using the Ace 250!

** These coins were found on Saturday 25 Aug**

Attachments

• 826.jpg
    826.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack that is a load of pennies! :o I thought I was pushing in the 80's...did you have nightmares after seeing all of them? Hey still a ton of coins...they all count!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
You make all Explorer users proud.

I make myself proud and no one else! I was also using a Garretts, not a Minelab! If this is all your going to type, go find another Minelab user to bother. Don't like my detector, you don't have to view my posts!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
DFX-Gregg said:
Jack that is a load of pennies! :o I thought I was pushing in the 80's...did you have nightmares after seeing all of them? Hey still a ton of coins...they all count!

I have a desire not to dig pennies for awhile. Most I've found in one day and if I would have finished that last school it would have been over 200 cents. I'd have prefered 190 quarters but would have still bent down that many times! It adds up and I think I threw away only two cents!

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
NICE!
I, however, thought that I was the penny king.
I now relinquish my throne. LOL

Attachments

• miner and mule.gif
    miner and mule.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 631
  • miner and mule.gif
    miner and mule.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 621
OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
tymcmurray said:
NICE!
I, however, thought that I was the penny king.
I now relinquish my throne. LOL

THAT is a throne you can have back!!! My back still aches from all that bending over!! Makes the coin count look good, but you need some heat on your back when done!! ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats alot of coin ! WOW congrats on your finds and that ace 250 ;)

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
Sorry, bud. :) I won't post on your threads anymore...just don't respond to mine, okay? ;)

I'll try not to, but if I see a great coin I'll probally post, but you can ignore or delete my post! Just not into the "brand loyal" war that seems to be going on.

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Now boys play nice, we're all In the same hobby, doesn't matter if you have a home made detector or the top of the line, we're in the same hobby. BTW nice haul!!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
Bud, I gave up on that. I am not trying to start trouble. I wish you luck!

Then go find a Colonial coin and let me be jealous of another good find!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
woodspiritcarver said:
Now boys play nice, we're all In the same hobby, doesn't matter if you have a home made detector or the top of the line, we're in the same hobby. BTW nice haul!!!

We are being nice, always enjoy his posts and not sure I understand the story line, do like those sweet old coins they find!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow!! What a great day Jack, congrats on the load of coins and goodies. Keep em coming, good luck.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Boobydoo said:
Wow!! What a great day Jack, congrats on the load of coins and goodies. Keep em coming, good luck.

Smiles!
BDoo

I will if you start sharing that gold!! I dig pennies, you start a jewerly shop, something is wrong with this picture!! :D ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread