If you won the Lottery, woiuld you still metal detect?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you won the BIG ONE and never had to work again, would you still metal detect? Some folks are into the hobby for financial gain, but others for the love of finding history. If it was me, I'd buy every detector I wanted, then go to the all the remote old sites I've always wanted to detect. It's not about the money, but finding old coins would still remain a passion! Would you still continue swinging your detector? Just curious!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, and I'd get to detect wherever I want because the rich folks have a whole different set of rules.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely! In fact, I'd detect even more - detecting beaches across the world, visits to the coast just because it had stormed, paid guides to take me to hidden ghost towns...

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I would buy the places I wanted to detect and then sell them after I cleaned them out!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am a Treasure Hunter !
Yes I am in it, hoping for Financial Gain !
& I do enjoy the history.

and YES ! If I hit it big on the Lottery I would still detect.
Only difference, I would probably travel some & Buy, Lease & Rent historical
places to hunt, Because I am addicted

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
…yep, and when your batteries died just have someone FedEx you a new machine with fresh batteries.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello2:Yes sir re,love it for the excitement of what is hidden under the sand or ground

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great.....after you guys have your fun digging, send all the valuables to me, thank you. :laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually this IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!!

Now if I "WON THE BIG ONE", Here is EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO!!

First and foremost, Develope a travel agency

Second, "BUY" the Artic Island!

Third and NOT least, I would "BUY ONE WAY TICKET"

Fourth and MOST IMPORTANT, Send a letter to my exwife with ticket for a wonderful vacation.

Fifth, Have my ex-wife dropped off in the Artic on a one way trip with no way back home!

Sixth, Send an air drop package to my wife wife in the Artic on how to survive the cold nad hunt for food and tell her to enjoy her "NEW" home the rest of her life!

Now for the rest of the time, I would donate 20% to "Make a Wish Foundation" and St Jude every year.

And while I am at it, "BUY" up every available gold and silver mine in the United States and metal detect as well as mine gold and silver!

Yep, That "ALL" sounds like a very good plan to me!!!!!

Wonder why I haven't won the "BIG ONE" yet? Maybe it's because I want to "BUY" up all the gold and silver mines you think?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, but on a whole new level. I'd invest in resources and then I'd do my research and then I'd buy potential pieces of ground.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I always say if I hit the lottery, man there is this old mansion and that one and that one over there...I would buy em all strip off the top 4 inches of soil, run it with zero discrim and then be on to the next one after cleaning that one lol..then find the most worthy struggling US military vet I can find and say here you go buddy, enjoy your new home, and give him/her a 100 grand to get by with...Ahh I can pray I ever get to do that, would be nice.

Mike

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely!I would mostly be where it is warm, beach and water hunting, enjoying the scenery with no worries!

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have people to do it for me, so I could take it real easy. Because that is what the wealthy folk do, you dig?

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1- I'd invest in Oak Island with those 2 guys and get the equipment we needed to find that treasure......maybe.
#2- I'd go anywhere that I wanted to detect......maybe.
#3- I'd buy a travel trailer and travel and hit all of these United States of America......maybe.
#4- I'd buy a few detector's for a few my son's, daughter's-in-laws, and grandchildren and take them on good ole' hunts.....maybe.
Well really, number 3 and 4 sound the best to me. Adventure's with my family seems to be the best that I can give them and me (besides helping them with $$$$ if I hit it big). Now that would put a big ole' smile on my face!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​I sure would keep detecting for i am in it for the money and the thrill and excitement of the hunt and finds ………….. And i sure do like that green stuff th.jpeg .. And the Gold & silver ..Plus it gives me such a rush to get out there .I always think am i going to hit it big today .. I have been at it so long it is in my blood .. I could never give it up…….

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread