If youre not digging 9"-10" silver dimes, heres why

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not digging 9"-10" silver dimes, here's why

Hey everyone sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Been super busy moving around and finally settled in TN. Anyway I posted a video showing my etrac settings for deep silver last week and just made one explaining how to find really deep silver. So glad to be back at it and looking forward to catching up on everyones finds :occasion14:

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 22 minute video that could have been done in 2 minutes. Glad I skipped forward.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 22 minute video that could have been done in 2 minutes. Glad I skipped forward.

For someone with experience I definitely agree, but for those new to the hobby there's some explanation as to why those things matter.

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna watch the video, just to see what a 9"-10" dime looks like. Man, they gotta weigh a lb.
Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

Ya just imagine the holes we'd all be digging and if you got a modern clad spill holy smokes!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
For someone with experience I definitely agree, but for those new to the hobby there's some explanation as to why those things matter.

I've detected for nearly 5 years and I watched the whole thing non stop. The one thing I personally thought interesting was the "you can swing too slow." The Whites camp harps a lot on SLOW swings. Maybe some rules need breaking at times.

I found the whole video interesting.

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've detected for nearly 5 years and I watched the whole thing non stop. The one thing I personally thought interesting was the "you can swing too slow." The Whites camp harps a lot on SLOW swings. Maybe some rules need breaking at times.

I found the whole video interesting.

Would love to get some feedback from experienced Whites users on this. For some detectors it might be better to go at a snails speed but in low trash running an E-Trac the user will definitely miss coins if going to slow.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to find the perfect swing speed. :dontknow: You can go to slow or you can go to fast. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
You have to find the perfect swing speed. :dontknow: You can go to slow or you can go to fast. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

I kinda think that there's a different swing speed for deep, and much different speed for the mid depths. That makes the ideal speed on deep stuff tricky.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, ahem, the reason I'm not digging deep dimes at 9-10 inches is because neither of my machines will detect a dime that deep, and I'm happy I'm not, as the days of digging deep coins is over for me. Cheers!!

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, ahem, the reason I'm not digging deep dimes at 9-10 inches is because neither of my machines will detect a dime that deep, and I'm happy I'm not, as the days of digging deep coins is over for me. Cheers!!

Maybe you just need a shovel? :thumbsup:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

Since I've never found but a handfull of coins at 9 inhes in years, and some of my friends say the same thing,,,me owning the V3i and some of them swinging F70s and higher end Minelabs...there's way more to it than just the machine.

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I've never found but a handfull of coins at 9 inhes in years, and some of my friends say the same thing,,,me owning the V3i and some of them swinging F70s and higher end Minelabs...there's way more to it than just the machine.

Very true, actually I think every one of the factors I mention in the video need to be in place. And even then you need to find a site the has deep coins that others with an equal or better setup and knowledge haven't found.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back. Glad you're settled.
I attempted to view vid from link to no avail. But, vid was easily found/viewed on YT.
Nice basic work. I most appreciated you stating, "hunt by ear". So true, as screen fluctuations are constant.
If you make a follow-up, please elaborate on the Magic #12.
Well done.
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Cutaplug

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back. Glad you're settled.
I attempted to view vid from link to no avail. But, vid was easily found/viewed on YT.
Nice basic work. I most appreciated you stating, "hunt by ear". So true, as screen fluctuations are constant.
If you make a follow-up, please elaborate on the Magic #12.
Well done.
Peace ✌

Thanks Cincinnati =) The next video I'm making is about iffy signals on the etrac and I'll be explaining how to tell the difference between deep ferrous trash and coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread