kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: If'n you could have just 1

GTI 2500..I shows the size of the target, more useful to me that the depth reading (which has always been on the "money")

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT

minelab sovereign...operates anywhere (killer on saltwater beaches)...easy to use ...and DEEEEEP!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If I had to choose between the detectors you have listed i would go the old Sidewinder because it has a good No Motion All Metal Mode and ground balance,. it has a No motion TR Disc mode for salt beach work and it has a good Motion disc mode that is a good all round mode where mineralisation is not extreme.

Otherwise I would use an Sovereign. Great at the beach, fantastic coin and relic machine when fitted with the target ID meter and can handle moderatly high iron mineralisation so you could use it in some gold fields.

Adrian

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Adrian SS said:
If I had to choose between the detectors you have listed i would go the old Sidewinder because it has a good No Motion All Metal Mode and ground balance,. it has a No motion TR Disc mode for salt beach work and it has a good Motion disc mode that is a good all round mode where mineralisation is not extreme.

Otherwise I would use an Sovereign. Great at the beach, fantastic coin and relic machine when fitted with the target ID meter and can handle moderatly high iron mineralisation so you could use it in some gold fields.

Adrian

Ditto for me for the reasons given. However for the water hunting I would choose the Excal I and not the II at least for saltwater. The Sov GT is king on the dry or wet sand. Fresh water you get many other choices of land detectors which are hip mountable as the Fisher 1236 X-2, just don't fall down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions