Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't see anything on the Fed site about Ikes (?)

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't see anything on the Fed site about Ikes (?)

yea, the site doesnt say IKEs but I wonder if the teller could request IKEs specifically.

It should go like:

I ask teller,

teller askes armor truck,

armor truck orders from fed,

armor truck delivers to teller,

i pick up from teller.

Need veterans' opinions!!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, I would love to order $1000 in Ikes. I'll bet at least one peace dollar shows her face in them. I would hate the dump process though... One does not just dump Ikes. No coin counter takes them that I have ever seen...

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not aware of any coin machine that will take the IKEs so if you want to do this more than 1x good luck...Second time you try to bring in 2k worth of IKE's they will never order coin for you again.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GEOFF said:
yea, the site doesnt say IKEs but I wonder if the teller could request IKEs specifically.

It should go like:

I ask teller,

teller askes armor truck,

armor truck orders from fed,

armor truck delivers to teller,

i pick up from teller.

Need veterans' opinions!!

In Ben's dreams it goes like that.
You will have better luck knocking over your local car wash's change machine. Oh sorry emptying your local car wash's change machine of coins.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a vending machine or two

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
kfs said:
In Ben's dreams it goes like that.
You will have better luck knocking over your local car wash's change machine. Oh sorry emptying your local car wash's change machine of coins.

Haha! :)

Ikes aren't that hard to unload, just post to eBay.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:
I dont order ikes weekly anymore because i want finding anything..... i went though around $10,000 in ikes and only found 2 peace dollars.

I order them now just to use them.

So post pics

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=3]Standard Depositing and Ordering Units[/h]
DenominationBag AmountBag Color
Pennies$50Red
Nickels$200Blue
Dimes$1000Green
Quarters$1000Orange
Halves$1000Buff
Dollars
Eisenhower Dollars$1000Gray
Presidential/Native American/Susan B. Anthony Dollars$2000Gray
[h=4]Access to Coin Ordering and Depositing[/h]
Institutions may order cash via FedLine Web[SUP]®[/SUP].For more information about FedCash Services processing and operations, visit the service offerings pages or consult your local FedCash Services contact.Top of Page
RELATED CONTENT

This​

This info above is how banks are to prepare deposits as Ikes are concerned
Ben clearly has lost his mind.
Think about this everyone. Ben orders a bag of Ike dollars. Were exactly does the fed deliver those coins. Ben's house, I see it now a Federal Reserve Bank truck pulls up to Ben's house and throws the bag of coins out on Ben's driveway. Then Ben does what hands the driver what a bogus Mortgage Backed Security to pay for those coins.

Certainly no bank or armored car company is going to accept an order placed by Ben on the internet.

This idea of regular consumers ordering coinage from the federal reserve makes as much sense as knocking over your local Car Wash for quarters.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This info above is how banks are to prepare deposits as Ikes are concerned
Ben clearly has lost his mind.
Think about this everyone. Ben orders a bag of Ike dollars. Were exactly does the fed deliver those coins. Ben's house, I see it now a Federal Reserve Bank truck pulls up to Ben's house and throws the bag of coins out on Ben's driveway. Then Ben does what hands the driver what a bogus Mortgage Backed Security to pay for those coins.

Certainly no bank or armored car company is going to accept an order placed by Ben on the internet.

This idea of regular consumers ordering coinage from the federal reserve makes as much sense as knocking over your local Car Wash for quarters.
"
Read the header "Standard Depositing and Ordering Units"

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked my branch to order a bag of large dollars (Ikes) many times. The vault teller assures me she has asked every time I have asked and she gets no answer. So I have given up trying to get a bag.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone through two $1000 bags of Ikes, so it CAN be done. Recently went into that bank and spoke with the manager who was able to get them, he said he would do halves for me but Ikes are a no go from now on. He said they were too expensive to order, and it brought heat down on the branch. In the 2 bags I scored 1x 40% silver clad.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Standard Depositing and Ordering Units

Denomination
Bag Amount
Bag Color
Pennies
$50
Red
Nickels
$200
Blue
Dimes
$1000
Green
Quarters
$1000
Orange
Halves
$1000
Buff
Dollars
Eisenhower Dollars
$1000
Gray
Presidential/Native American/Susan B. Anthony Dollars
$2000
Gray
Access to Coin Ordering and Depositing

Institutions may order cash via FedLine Web[SUP]®[/SUP].For more information about FedCash Services processing and operations, visit the service offerings pages or consult your local FedCash Services contact.Top of Page
RELATED CONTENT

This​

I don't believe that is truly for ordering, because when we order we do not GET pennies in $50 bags. they come in $25 boxes. When we order halves, they come in $500 boxes, not $1,000 bags. So although it may say "and ordering", something is not right, as banks can't order the other denominations in the sizes mentioned either.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe that is truly for ordering, because when we order we do not GET pennies in $50 bags. they come in $25 boxes. When we order halves, they come in $500 boxes, not $1,000 bags. So although it may say "and ordering", something is not right, as banks can't order the other denominations in the sizes mentioned either.

Any bank that is a member of the Federal Reserve can order from the FED for a fee (what that fee is i am unsure) but what 95% of banks do is set up a contract with brinks,loomis,garda,ect for coin.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any bank that is a member of the Federal Reserve can order from the FED for a fee (what that fee is i am unsure) but what 95% of banks do is set up a contract with brinks,loomis,garda,ect for coin.

Mainly because, as it says on the front page of the firs link you posted, the Fed does not deliver.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"
Read the header "Standard Depositing and Ordering Units"

Clob if there are still Ike in the public hand banks would be required to send them to the fed following the deposit procedures. That does not mean they can be ordered. So clob I would like to see you order anything from the Fed, not the US Mint but the Fed.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
FedReserve.jpg
fedSpider.jpg
Greensmoke.jpg
end+the+fed+poster.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions