Ike question

dawg you just found a sacred roll of 'the king of clads' im surprized a teller didn't stiff you and give you them gold dollas instead. the teller prob took the 40 percentas out. yo, as for your question idk

T1's command no real premium, but are much tougher to find. They do start to draw a hefty premium once you start talking about gem coins (MS65, 66, 67) but the odds of finding a gem in anything other than a mint set is slim to none.

I get handed Ikes on a daily basis.. It is always a quick flip on ebay for some profit..

I get handed Ikes on a daily basis.. It is always a quick flip on ebay for some profit..

I get them all the time too, I have a vault teller that collects them so I bring them to her when ever I get them, I would guess I've given her about 300 by now. I do this because she orders me 4 boxes every week and will get me more if I ask, so I'm saving the favor with her by bringing her these, so far so good. HH, Maverick.

I get them all the time too, I have a vault teller that collects them so I bring them to her when ever I get them, I would guess I've given her about 300 by now. I do this because she orders me 4 boxes every week and will get me more if I ask, so I'm saving the favor with her by bringing her these, so far so good. HH, Maverick.

Now THAT is a good idea!

Ikes give me the creeps but banks love giving them out, so much clad taken away in one transaction, keeps the tellers grinning all the way out of the bank.

Now THAT is a good idea!

Hey FT, ya, when I first went in to start ordering I asked my same question to her I do everywhere I go "Do you have any of the Big Old Dollar Coins or Half Dollars I could buy from you?" As we talked back and forth she told me she collected the big Dollars and had like 120 she had saved over the years, so I said I could probably get her some more if she wanted, she said she take all I could find, so Ikeep getting them and she's happy and orders what ever I want, she also saves me old red and blue seal bills and older in general bills and trades those to me for the IKes, I have another teller who collects old bills and I bring those to her, it is a crazy system I have for trying to keep everyone happy, with the coins, bills and treats for each branch, but so far it works out good. HH, Maverick.

I ask at every bank I go into and when i find them use them for tips at the places I eat or where I get my hair cut. Everyone seems to enjoy getting them and since they are only worth a buck, I don't mind spending them.

Ikes give me the creeps but banks love giving them out, so much clad taken away in one transaction, keeps the tellers grinning all the way out of the bank.

that's what I first thought when I bought 70 ikes at a bank a few weeks ago. turns out one was a 40%!. I buy 'em all

I have yet to get a 40% Ike from the wild but I am currently sitting on a little over $90 worth. They go for between $2-$3 ea at auction here and I plan on putting them out there for that purpose of supplying me with free silver.

The_EE said:
I have yet to get a 40% Ike from the wild but I am currently sitting on a little over $90 worth. They go for between $2-$3 ea at auction here and I plan on putting them out there for that purpose of supplying me with free silver.

Is that a local auction? I have around $150 of them and have been thinking about selling them.

Is that a local auction? I have around $150 of them and have been thinking about selling them.

Yes, local auction out in the country where Ikes are hard to come by. I have yet to find a single bank that will order them so many here think they are rare and discontinued so they pay out the butt for them, I plan on selling them every other week, 5 or 10 at a time and see how I do.

I like leaving them as a tip at the local Chinese buffet. The waiters go literally wild over them.

Meanwhile I am waiting for my order of another $1,000 bag to come in. Local bank can get them but it may take them a month to actually get them in.

Rascal

If I get any Ike dollars I can take them to my LCS. They will give me $1.05 for each Ike dollar. If I get enough I can buy some silver with them. Not bad. I normally find them in the Coinstar counter machines. they are too big for those machines to count or to reject them the normal way. So the machine throws it into their secondary reject bin under the counter wheel.

I have been throwing the idea around about buying some dollar rolls to see if I can find some silver. Don't relish having to lift such a heavy box but if its a one time try I will try anything for silver.

Sincerely, Garoulady

$100 of them will only get you, $5? You'd need at least 1000 of them before you were able to get a substantial amount of AG, and by that time, you'd of had alot more fun spending them, Mrs. Garou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back