Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a bad weekend at all for me. Nothing crazy, but a number of decent little finds that give me reason to be grateful and want to hit it again soon as I can.

Friday morning early my business neighbor, a jeweler, walks into my business and hands me an incomplete Whitman's Jefferson book! There's on 45D in there. Do we still call these "Old Dude" nickels? Nothing more to do than to say "Thanks."
IMG_0768[1].JPG

Then, Friday afternoon I picked up two boxes of halves. Not a lot in them but how do you complain when you pull one of these?
IMG_0761[1].JPG

Then, from box two I pulled a 68 Ken. Sorry no pic! We've all seen those many times!

And to top it off, I finished the chores I wanted to do and rewarded myself with a short hunt. Here's where it gets a little goofy. I planned on going to the little local park where I get most of my hunting in. But, when I got there the sprinklers were running in the spot I wanted to hunt. Looking around a bit I saw nobody at all on the swim area beach and that little voice in my head told me to "go hunt the shade" on the beach.

At first I ignored the voice and swung in to the tot lot. No goodies there but a little rhinestone cheapy bling. Not worth taking a pic. When I looked up, I was looking right at a shady spot on the beach so I made my way there. Dug a couple pull tabs along the way.

Soon as I hit the shade I slowed way down and started scrubbing the sand with my coil like I just read about here on TNet. Slow and steady....

Got a decent signal. Pretty Solid 67 both ways (but a little scratchy?) So, I dug it. Out pops this little cutie!
IMG_0769[1].jpg IMG_0770[1].JPG IMG_0774[1].JPG

It's actually pretty large. This shows it on my pinky finger but it fits my ring finger. IMG_0772[1].JPG My fingers are a little thinner than in the old days when I was a butcher but they're not tiny!

Ring is stamped 925 on the inside but not sure. I think it's a cheapy but it's still a ring! It may be silver, just sounded a little scratchy.

Glad I listened!

Last edited:
Upvote 13

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pick ups, Greastart! I believe that 925 mark means that ring is sterling. Thanks for sharing them with us.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Som good finds there, Greastart! Kind of like to find some recent halves myself.

Thanks Tuberale. I'm ALWAYS looking for cheap Ag! This is one of the nicest Bens I've pulled in a while. Always worth a smile when I see that extra white rim with still strong reeding!

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. Congrats

Thanks Hawks. I had fun. If the ring turns out to be stirling, it's MY first silver ring. My niece found a decent little one this spring using my machine. Her first hunt!

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest: