Ill start, I live the closest :)

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
I'll start, I live the closest :)

The 2006 T-Net hunt was a great success. Perfect weather, perfect folk, and lots of perfect finds !! You won't believe some of the stuff found today at this "hit hard" camp site. I am sure people will be posting them as they get home. I think everyone found something to bring home and remember. You couldn't ask for a nicer host and hostess. These dear folk that allowed us to do the hunt were just the sweetest and most gracious people you could ever want to meet.

First a picture of the trenches. You can see it right behind the fence line. Quite impressive up close and more impressive that it is still there and never filled in for farm pasture. This ground is HARD folks. Missouri soil has tons of clay, and this particular spot you couldn't dig two inches without hitting big rock through the hard clay. You have to be impressed how these men dug something like this with bare hands 140 years ago.
trench.jpg

Here are my finds for the day, minus a bunch of iron. I'm a bullet magnet. I just can't seem to get much besides the bullets, but one is special. Can you see it ?
all.jpg

Here it is up close. A soldier passed the time by carving this bullet into something. What for sure we will never know. Maybe a chess piece ? Maybe just bored, who knows.
carved.jpg

It's a bullet variant I don't have yet PLUS it's carved. I find a lot of bullets, but this one is just neat.

Thanks JD for putting this on. I am sure you made a day a lot of people will remember for the rest of thier lives. I know it was a lot of work and you didn't get to do a lot of hunting yourself, but all the people you made happy for a day should make you proud. (wait until you see the flying eagle cent. You think you know what copper looks like coing out of the ground after 150 year, think again. Unbelievable)

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
Re: I'll start, I live the closest :)

outstanding digs grib congratulations...that bullet is so cool and unique i wish i could have gone but I'm there next time for sure

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

Thanks you posting your finds. I have to agree about the owners, they are very very nice people. It really was nice meeting other members.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the update and the pics. I'm glad you all had good weather and a good time. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.

Huntin' 59er

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds.

Does the Hole go Through like a Pipe ?

It may have been used as a One Hitter.

Back then smoking through Lead wouldn't have been Questioned.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

congratulations! it looks like you guys had a great time.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey Grib.

I'm glad you're having a great time. Thanks for the pictures! :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

Nice digs! The carved bullet is a great find for sure.It sounds like the hunt was a great success and a good time was had by all.Thanks for taking the time to share your day.

OP
OP
Gribnitz

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

jeff of pa said:
nice finds.

Does the Hole go Through like a Pipe ?

It may have been used as a One Hitter.

Back then smoking through Lead wouldn't have been Questioned.

Yes, it goes all the way through. Never thought of that, but you never see that aspect of the CW in the movies either.

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois

WTG Grib. And just a thought....The 3 ringer with the hole through it, could be a fishing sinker?? Just a thought.

99Brown

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds and I sure enjoyed meeting you. Had a great time.

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread