Illinois Folsom

BobTheBaitFish

Jul 13, 2007
Highland, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett CXII
Several years ago my dad bought some farm land in northern illinois. The previous farmer had a large collection of points he had found in the area. He didn't have the slightest idea what any of his points were or what they were worth. We reported the points to NIU and they sent out an archaeologist who took these pictures. I believe the points may have been included in the Illinois Fluted Point Survey.

At any rate it's interesting to see an illinois folsom point.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very nice, I have never found one, only a
couple of 'Daltons'.

Fossis................

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
BobTheBaitFish said:
Several years ago my dad bought some farm land in northern illinois. The previous farmer had a large collection of points he had found in the area. He didn't have the slightest idea what any of his points were or what they were worth. We reported the points to NIU and they sent out an archaeologist who took these pictures. I believe the points may have been included in the Illinois Fluted Point Survey.

Awesome!! NICE FINDS Jeff

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
BobTheBaitFish said:

I have a Great Uncle who owns 800 acres in Rock I sland Co. I was supposed to go visit him later this month and do my first Illinois artifact hunting. Now surgery on my leg has put that trip on hold . After looking at yours and BadANDY,S among others I hope I,m lucky enough to find some nice Illinois examples as well. Thanks for sharing. Jeff

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Beautiful point. I've yet to find a fluted point in our field. My uncle has.... but i'm still searching. I live in Jersey county, not far from highland my friend!

Keep them coming.

xstevenx

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, finding a fluted point is more rare than finding a gold coin--I mean I bet there were more gold coins minted by at least ten times than there were fluted projectile points knapped.

Even a broken flute is a swell find.

WTG

Stryker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread