Im a horses rear end

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today to a park that was close to the house no gas no money. :( After awhile my leg hurt so i sat down close to someguy that looked homeless. Right away he asked about metal detecting while he sipped on Cisco wine. He had a bike with a basket that i guess he was collecting cans with. He asked why i was limping and i told him about my problem. He gave me some tips about life and my leg and i started to think what does this guy know. He told me it could be worse, you have both of your legs. :icon_scratch: All of a sudden he pulled up his pant legs to show me he lost his legs from the knee down from an accident. Moral of the story? Dont complain someone always has it worse off than you. Im a horses Arse :-\

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
Went out today to a park that was close to the house no gas no money. :( After awhile my leg hurt so i sat down close to someguy that looked homeless. Right away he asked about metal detecting while he sipped on Cisco wine. He had a bike with a basket that i guess he was collecting cans with. He asked why i was limping and i told him about my problem. He gave me some tips about life and my leg and i started to think what does this guy know. He told me it could be worse, you have both of your legs. :icon_scratch: All of a sudden he pulled up his pant legs to show me he lost his legs from the knee down from an accident. Moral of the story? Dont complain someone always has it worse off than you. Im a horses Arse :-\

Naaaaa. You didn't know upfront about his legs, so you're not a horse patoot. Your experience simply points out that old saying, " I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet." In other words, if one looks around, he / she will always find someone who has "it" worse that they do. :coffee2:

In my skirt chasing days, I didn't think I was a nice looking guy until I met an Air Force fighter pilot who'd survived a bad crash. His face was badly scarred and that is when I began to pay more attention and took that saying, I wrote above, and made it part of my philosophy. After that, I didn't "worry about it". :)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only reason i didnt mention his fake legs was because i dont know how to spell prosthetics :D

S

stefen

AA

Had a similar experience while taking a golf course design program in college...as a part of the course requirements we had to play different courses and wmake an evaluation...

The majority of those in the program were returning Vietnam vets...

While playing the Lake Arrowhead Gold Club, my partner asked me to stop the cart as we approached the next hole so he could adjust his sock.

Duh???????

He lifted his pant leg and removed his lower prosthetic leg (below the knee) and adjusted the sock. I started the cart assuming he had finished his task. He said not move yet and began to adjust the other leg.

When he was finished he stepped out of the cart and approached the hole to tee off, walking without a limp or waver.

Later on he simply said, "Stepped on a land mine."

Nothing more was said.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
AA

Had a similar experience while taking a golf course design program in college...as a part of the course requirements we had to play different courses and wmake an evaluation...

The majority of those in the program were returning Vietnam vets...

While playing the Lake Arrowhead Gold Club, my partner asked me to stop the cart as we approached the next hole so he could adjust his sock.

Duh???????

He lifted his pant leg and removed his lower prosthetic leg (below the knee) and adjusted the sock. I started the cart assuming he had finished his task. He said not move yet and began to adjust the other leg.

When he was finished he stepped out of the cart and approached the hole to tee off, walking without a limp or waver.

Later on he simply said, "Stepped on a land mine."

Nothing more was said.
i would be proud to know that man :)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
aa, don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a horses rear end. Regardless if the man didn't have a leg it doesn't change the fact that you are in pain! I hope you feel better soon. :)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a right to be feeling down and in pain, and I pray you are top notch again soon. I am glad you met this fellow though and have the wisdom to know things aren't really as bad as you first thought and to count your blessings first. You probably made his day just by speaking to him, sounds like he doesn't have many friends in this world and perhaps he considers this to be a good day for him.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
AA honey, I understand your pain, and I hope it can get better (sooner rather than later)

But it's weird, I had a similar experience yesterday: I was having trouble walking into Home Depot with my husband, then noticed the older couple (yes, older than the two of us!) headed the same way, hand in hand. He had two prosthetic (?) legs. I sure felt a little silly griping about my foot then.

AA, you're not a dolt. Nor a horse's patooty. You were hurting before you knew about the prosthetics and nothing really changed once you did. Except then you felt bad for someone else.

You're a-ok in my book.

HH
Nan

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper2004 said:
aa, don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a horses rear end. Regardless if the man didn't have a leg it doesn't change the fact that you are in pain! I hope you feel better soon. :)
thanks i was getting tired of swating flys with my tail :)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
You have a right to be feeling down and in pain, and I pray you are top notch again soon. I am glad you met this fellow though and have the wisdom to know things aren't really as bad as you first thought and to count your blessings first. You probably made his day just by speaking to him, sounds like he doesn't have many friends in this world and perhaps he considers this to be a good day for him.
funny you say that. He told me he lost all his people he ran with :o his _joke not mine

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roswellborn said:
AA honey, I understand your pain, and I hope it can get better (sooner rather than later)

But it's weird, I had a similar experience yesterday: I was having trouble walking into Home Depot with my husband, then noticed the older couple (yes, older than the two of us!) headed the same way, hand in hand. He had two prosthetic (?) legs. I sure felt a little silly griping about my foot then.

AA, you're not a dolt. Nor a horse's patooty. You were hurting before you knew about the prosthetics and nothing really changed once you did. Except then you felt bad for someone else.

You're a-ok in my book.

HH
Nan
thanks its a lesson in life i guess

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
h1.jpg

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA we all feel like we should have not said somthing at times but, how could you know?

My daughter has a hump on her back from scoliosis shes had 14 back surgeries, people are cruel but she deals with it, some dont notice the hump. One day a lady was talking about how much her back hurt til she saw my daughter and her friend who knew us told her about Tammy she felt so bad she was trying to leave it was my Tammy that talked to her everyone has pains you dont know about someones elses til ya talk! Sorry to ramble!

Your a great guy!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mental granny said:
AA we all feel like we should have not said somthing at times but, how could you know?

My daughter has a hump on her back from scoliosis shes had 14 back surgeries, people are cruel but she deals with it, some dont notice the hump. One day a lady was talking about how much her back hurt til she saw my daughter and her friend who knew us told her about Tammy she felt so bad she was trying to leave it was my Tammy that talked to her everyone has pains you dont know about someones elses til ya talk! Sorry to ramble!

Your a great guy!
i think its GODS way of saying shutup and be thankfull. :)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
mental granny said:

Your a great guy!
i think its GODS way of saying shutup and be thankfull. :)
oops i forgot give your daughter a hug for me :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA really dont beat yourself up, I think I may have a bone spur on my heel so after being on my feet for a while I hurt really bad then I go to putting weight on other then it makes me limp then it starts making my back hurt, so I nthink about all her surgeries, it doesnt stop the pain but, it keeps me from moaning out loud to much most of the time anyway :tongue3:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
My standard answer to folks who like to say that I walk funny is that it beats the hell out of a motorized wheelchair which is my only other option. Move around while you can. If you sit on your ass too long you will never get back up. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
My standard answer to folks who like to say that I walk funny is that it beats the hell out of a motorized wheelchair which is my only other option. Move around while you can. If you sit on your ass too long you will never get back up. siegfried schlagrule
very true i have seen that happen to someone 1st hand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread