IM A NEW DIGGER

WHEELS1973

May 26, 2007
MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
XTERA 30
WELL IM NEW TO THIS METAL DETECTING THING AND BOY IS IT ADDICTING. IM ACTUALLY IN MY MID 30'S AND CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR SO I CANT GET REAL SERIOUS WITH IT BUT I DO WHAT I CAN AND GO WHERE I CAN GO. MY WIFE ACTUALLY IS THE ONE THAT TALKED ME INTO BUYING THE XTERRA 30 AND ITS A GREAT LITTLE PICK UP AND GO DETECTOR. I DONT SUPPOSE WE WILL EVER FIND ANYTHING TO AWESOME BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. SO FAR IN THE FIRST MONTH WE HAVE FOUND SEVERAL WHEAT PENNIES (1917 BEING THE OLDEST) A BUFFALO NICKLE (IN MY FRONT YARD WITH NO DATE) AND A 1941 CANADIAN PENNY. LIKE I SAID NOTHING OF VALUE BUT IM MORE IN IT BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY OF IT. ITS PRETTY COOL THINKING A COIN MAY HAVE BEEN IN THE GROUND LONGER THAN YOUVE BEEN ON THIS EARTH. ANYWAY HOPEFULLY I CAN POST A PIC SOMEDAY OF SOMETHING REALLY COOL. OH ALSO FOUND OUR FIRST RING TO (COSTUME JEWELERY BUT STILL NEAT.
ATTACH]
[/img]

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well welcome to T-net and welcome to the addiction! Now for the remark about not finding much.....pffft you have found all those wheat pennies and a buffalo nickel and I have yet to find any of those! :D I do believe you are going to do just fine! Sure am glad your wife talked you into joining the dirt fishing addiction! :D :D

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Welcome to TNET! Sounds to me like you have made some wonderful finds already. Just keep it up and I am sure you will find many many more. I can;t wait to read some more of your posts about the things you find.

Best of luck to ya!
~Nash~

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK.

Cool your making the effort in your wheelchair.

Your introduction reminds me of why I started. When I was young my Uncle was paralysed in an accident in the Army. He felt he had no further use for his Detector & gave it to me. I still thank him to this day for getting me started. I know it sounds abit selfish but if it wasn't for him I would never of got started. Nothing I find can make up for what happened but in a very small way he made my life better. I have already re-written history in serveral things I have found & share my experience with him.

Get out there & one day I know your surprise yourself with whats out there!

Good luck & Happy Hunting.

Little finder

Jul 10, 2007
Cynangyl said:
Well welcome to T-net and welcome to the addiction! Now for the remark about not finding much.....pffft you have found all those wheat pennies and a buffalo nickel and I have yet to find any of those! :D I do believe you are going to do just fine! Sure am glad your wife talked you into joining the dirt fishing addiction! :D :D
I agree with this post
HH!
little finder ;)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing great and way to go Mrs. Wheels for the detector idea. There's plenty more out there. Have a good one!

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I have been at it for about a month and I have yet to find any wheats or a buffalo nickle. Good luck and enjoy it. I have been hunting 16 hours in the past two days. I just enjoy being out and finding a hobbie that I dont have to spend money on but finding it makes all the fun.

Gen. Breckinridge

Feb 26, 2007
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT SunRay DX-1 Garrett ACE 250, Fisher VLF-555D Pro, Fisher VLF-552D
Welcome the the metal detecting world. I have returned to the hobby after taking about 25 years off. I have diabetes and my doctor says to get out and get some exercise in my legs so I decided to get back into metal detecting. Your comment about the history of an item prompted me to add a comment here. To me that is the most fascinating part of the hobby. I have dug a ton of Civil War relics and to stand on the ground that the battle took place and imagine how it happened fascinates me. Our small battle that took place here has been written about by several and a few have tried to lay out the lines of battle. Everyone of them are wrong! From what I have found and where I found it I know where the soldiers fought from and where their lines were. Metal detecting can give you tremendous insight into history and I love it.
Congratulations to your wife for being so resourceful to get you into the hobby. The fresh air and a good time will help both of you. I'll be watching for some of your finds posted here.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN Wheels.
Sounds like your already doing better than some of us. ;D A Buffalo is no easy task.
Congrats to you. Looking forward to seeing many, many more posts from you and your wife.
-MM-

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Not find much, how much pleasure have you found??? Thats what its about and I think you love this hobby already so you've found something you and your wife enjoy!! Just keep digging and you will have even more fun!!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Welcome from West Michigan. My granddaughter is in a wheelchair too, she has spina bifda. I would love it if she took up metal detecting, she lives in NY state so I don't really have the opportunity to get her into it. Congrats on the finds, I haven't found a buffalo yet so as far as I'm concerned, you are doing GREAT. If you develop a special digger that you can use from your chair I'd be interested in hearing about it cuz if I can talk Skyler into MD that would be her first problem. Good luck and welcome again.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
WS4V said:
Welcome the the metal detecting world. I have returned to the hobby after taking about 25 years off. I have diabetes and my doctor says to get out and get some exercise in my legs so I decided to get back into metal detecting. Your comment about the history of an item prompted me to add a comment here. To me that is the most fascinating part of the hobby. I have dug a ton of Civil War relics and to stand on the ground that the battle took place and imagine how it happened fascinates me. Our small battle that took place here has been written about by several and a few have tried to lay out the lines of battle. Everyone of them are wrong! From what I have found and where I found it I know where the soldiers fought from and where their lines were. Metal detecting can give you tremendous insight into history and I love it.
Congratulations to your wife for being so resourceful to get you into the hobby. The fresh air and a good time will help both of you. I'll be watching for some of your finds posted here.
Ditto to all that, I have proved the local history books wrong myself, and dug stuff from historical to histerical, sure I'd love to find the big bucks but having a heck of a great time lookin.

I hope to see your finds soon you got my oldest wheat beat by 10 yrs.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Wheels!! Welcome to Tnet buddy. Awesome post, you go man!! Hope you get some goodies soon and you better share them here with us. Thanks and good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Welcome to TNet. You will find this to be a nice place to hang out :)
A lot of nice people here that will help you and encourage you.
Happy hunting,

Timberwolf

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Welcome to Treasurenet. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your finds.
Dman

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Welcome to TNet! Your finds beat the heck out of most of us that can get around. Keek em coming, You are proof the is no handicap in this hobby. Can't wait to see some pics.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I like wheat pennies and an still looking for my first buffalo nickle---and I've been at it for years---I call them finds nice my self and keep looking never know when your going to hit a real "ring"---Ivan

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet, Wheels! Do you use a long-handled tool of some kind to dig? Sounds like you are making some great finds-glad to have your input. We'd love to see some photos!
A.M.

R

RUDY2003

Welcome from Texas Wheels!
I'm glad you found detectin'! It is addicting to be sure.
Congratulations on your perseverance and hope Great finds for you.....
Looking forward to your posts...

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread