darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soapbox!
Hmmm let's see here. 95 degree days, mosquitos and ticks raining every other day and homeowners basically quit cutting their grass and I'm Sweating like a wh@&e in church.

So! I hunt in the evening. It's still hot mosquitos are still bad the grass is still high by right before the sunset it's awesome!

Off soapbox and grabbing my tiny violin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with ya. I've had a new detector for a week and haven't had it outside yet.
Marvin

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, after working in the heat all day, all week it drains me. I do opposite of most, I prefer to hunt more in the fall, winter and spring. The winters here aren't that bad. I'll still hunt in the summer on weekends, very early, then stop by noon usually. Good luck to You!

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just started detecting on March 1. It was perfect weather in Tennessee 55-60 during the day.. bliss!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey , I feel your pain - even at 90 degrees and no humidity to speak of here in Santa Fe , I'm not very eager to detect ...and I'm up at 7000 feet , you'd think it would be 80 tops .

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been way to hot here.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to agree with you fella's, In the summer months, I stay out of the woods, and fields etc, mosquito's, ticks, poison oak & ivy and creepy crawlers in general. I stick to the heavy use parks in the early morning hours from dawn to when it begins to heat up. They are always re- supplied with recent coins and the chance of a ring or something. Sept. thru May are my best times to detect in the off places.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
00my.jpg

The good thing about where I live; don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly hunting in the mornings this summer but will hit a tot-lot in the heat when the tots are vacant.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing out here is the people b1tch & whine it's way too hot to do anything, then a few months later the same folks are whining it's too cold or the snows too deep..... Told a couple of em they should've just bought one of those $59 detectors and hidden some clad & tabs around their living room. If you aren't searching around transients passed out in the park from heat stroke you're doing something wrong.............

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've given up on summer hunting when temps are over 80, it's no fun. I prefer cooler weather and go out until it's too frozen to dig.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
why not just hunt at night ? So peaceful. So serene. Not only do you solve the temperature problem, but you solve the lookie-lou griper problem ? :dontknow:

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to go out today bout an hour ago but it's 95 and humidity was 65 % :crying:

I normally go about 7:00 pm and hunt till dark or like mentioned early in the morning.

Luckily here in Tennessee the ground never really freezes and I like cold weather being a former dear hunter

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we sound like a bunch of old timers sittin' around at the Cracker Barrel complaining about the weather and our bursitis! :laughing7:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im obsessed with the heat. I simply cant get enough of it. I know it sounds bizzare but even 112F -44C just isnt enough. I grew up in it and love it. The biggest secret is to stay hydrated....seriously hydrated.Start when you wake with a couple of pints of water and carry on throughout the day. Theres a huge difference between dry heat and wet heat.
The wet heat on the equator and the tropics is seriously annoying, your body just never seems to adjust and stop sweating...
I hike for hours and hours in the blazing 40C + sun (dry heat) All my backpack weight is water. I sometimes wear a cap but mostly shirtless ,hatless, footloose and fancy free. My skin reacts badly to sunscreen so I sometimes use aftersun . I always have a Fisher backpack tan....white back and shoulder straps.... ha ha

Chub

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
your post sounded like me this morning, it seems to be raining faster than the grass is getting cut. I'm not griping about the rain, this is more rain than we usually get at this time of the year and the gardens etc need it. But my permission is thick and tall enough to cut hay off of it. I went this morning for 2 1/2 hours of drenching sweat hunting the only stretch short enough and it gets old hunting the same spot. I do hunt the mornings and last couple hours of daylight. Around here, after dark is when the copperheads etc crawl and I just can't see like I used to. As much as I hate the mosquitoes, hate the horseflies even more. But, it could be worse, a lot worse so it is what it is and I just have to deal with it if I want to detect. Yep, I become the shade chaser, anything to get out of the sun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread