Go Where No Treasure Hunter Has Gone In The Last 200 to 400 years!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this video of the newest Gibbs (not from NCIS) Quadski Amphibious ATV on Facebook and thought it might interest some treasure hunters/seekers that want to get off the normal beat and path. To search where no man has set foot in the last 200 to 400 years due to overgrowth and also due to rising water levels both along the coasts and inland where lakes have been created. If you know of locations that are now just mere islands or are so isolated due to water or distance that once were busy with Colonial activities and commerce before and during the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and even the Civil War, then you now have a way to get there and navigate the lands. If this had came along when I lived in the Florida Keys, i.e. well before the Florida Marine Sanctuary, I would have found a way to purchase one and would have used it to search every Mangrove Key and Mangrove Swamp in the Florida Keys.

Frank

Last edited:

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GO SPEED RACER GO!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting...usually when you see a hybrid of that type, it does more than one thing, and neither very well...this certainly is different tho! Very impressive...thx for sharing, Ddf.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be cool to be able to pull out of the water , and up onto an island ! It might not do both very well , but maybe just well enough to be pretty cool. Like you said , would be good for accessing hard to reach , maybe un-hunted areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting...usually when you see a hybrid of that type, it does more than one thing, and neither very well...this certainly is different tho! Very impressive...thx for sharing, Ddf.

The company first developed an amphibious car but it was derailed by supplier problems and regulations, so they have a lot of experience, R&D, testing and money in these awesome amphibious ATVs. I have included a link below of a "Car and Driver" review of the Gibbs Quadski ATV and they give a a fairly decent review with exceptions. One has to realize that the review was in 2013 when the Quadski ATVs were just about to hit the market and now, they have had 4 years to improve on them and address any issues. I would recommend doing more research and maybe test ride them before purchasing one as they are pricey. Hopefully Gibbs will lower the price on these once they have recouped some or all of their' initial costs and demand goes up.

2013 Gibbs Quadski First Drive/Ride ? Review ? Car and Driver

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Would be cool to be able to pull out of the water , and up onto an island ! It might not do both very well , but maybe just well enough to be pretty cool. Like you said , would be good for accessing hard to reach , maybe un-hunted areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, these could open up all new, unsearched territory for Treasure Hunters, whether it be islands in a lake or river or on the ocean or areas that just aren't accessible when water levels are up on either. One would have to be careful when operating in shallow waters because of unknown hazards and on the seas, one would definitely have to be cautious for Coral Heads, Reef outcroppings and debris close to the surface. Now, if they can produce a model that can not only run on land and on the surface of the water but also dive to say 10 feet with the aid of a snorkel or deeper with the aid of batteries, then whooo...hoooo, just imagine the possibilities of finds that await to be found.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread