Im Ashamed to Post What I Found

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
I went hunting today. I was out for 3 hours and fund a nail, a link of chain, and 3 pennies.....nothing special. But I had fun, and I am learning my machine more and more every time I go out. I have a quick draw 2, does anyone else? Does anyone have any pointers on how to best work it? Should I have the sensetivity way up or way down? Im getting pretty good at in pointing. Talk to you all later on.

Attachments

• Finds6-13-05.jpg
    Finds6-13-05.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
P

Pooley

Don't get discouraged, I have had many days where all I found was junk, just give it time. I have a bounty hunter as well, well actually its a Radio Shack Discovery 3000 made by Bounty Hunter but I only use that as a last resort, I do not like that machine. I currently swing an Ace 250 and an old White's as well.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Hang in there!! Its all in the numbers..The more you hunt the better you will get and the more you will find.
Dano

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Neat car. Is that an old Bel Air wagon in your sig ? Picture is so small it is hard to tell.

F

Floater

Kix, I think you may need to plant a coin garden and practice with your machine a little. I do this about once a month or so just to make sure its tuned up and ready for some action. It also helps if I havent gone hunting in more than a week also to kind of remind me of what the sounds are and how they react. Keep at it and looking forward to some great finds. HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your finding things.If everyone didnt post junk and always "good"stuff,people would quickly get discouraged and give up.Keep working ,itll come.Remember the laws of averages.Your doing fine by posting and asking which = results.

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
HEY KIX!!! HUNTING FOR FINDS IS LIKE GOING FISHING. SOMETIMES YOU GET THERE AND YOU CATCH EVERYTHING IN SITE. SOMEDAYS YOU SIT THERE WITH A LIMP WORM ON YOUR HOOK. THIS IS THE SAME THING. IF YOU PAY YOUR DUES AND PUT IN THE TIME AND LEARN YOUR DETECTOR, YOUR GONNA HAVE YOUR GREAT DAYS. KEEP YOUR DISCRIMINATOR DOWN AND HAVE SOME FUN. KEEP ON DIGGIN. THE ROOSTER

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
hey man dont be ashamed shoot i cant count the days have have drove 100 miles or more and turn up nothing but junk in the water i just now started land hunting with a IDX Classic SL and only found a 1948 1p
from ireland found in a school yard play ground in Ocala Florida that is the only thing worth talking about.
keep it up we both will get the good stuff soon i am sure of it....
good luck
Morris
Ocala Florida

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
If I had saved all the junk and trash I have dug, it would require a tarp and 3 trips to take it all to the dump in my pick-up truck! ;) But the experience I gained from it I wouldn't trade! :D HH omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Gribnitz said:
Neat car.? Is that an old Bel Air wagon in your sig ?? Picture is so small it is hard to tell.

No, its not a Bel-Air wagon, but i guess it is hard to tell from the picture. It is a 1960 Mercury Comet Stationwagon. The Comet was soposed to be the flashy Falcon. I guess because they put a power back window and a defroster in it. I love it, and it makes a great MD mobile. Im glad you like it too. Thanks again for all of the advice and good words guys. This is a great messege board. Brad

Here is a bigger picture of my wagon.

Attachments

• cometwagon.JPG
    cometwagon.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 487
  • cometwagon.JPG
    cometwagon.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 486
S

SD MUDDOG

Try hitting every sandlot in town. It seems to be working for me so far. You just got to beat the kids to the sand or else you will never get anything done. I find the little neihborhood parks and hunt those. I got clad out of every one of em so far.. By the way that is an Awesome Wagon you go there. Good Luck and HH..

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Don't be ashamed to post those finds...I haven't been able to get out for weeks...too much work. So I have to live vicariously through all the posts. BTW absolutely love the Comet..

Dave

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you are posting what you find. Not everyone starts out finding classic coins and expensive jewelry when they first start out.
What makes this hobby exciting is that there are good finds still waiting to be found, and you will find them. They don't have to be valuable to be fun to find. Getting out and finding the stuff is what it is all about.
Good luck, and keep posting what you find. I enjoy reading what everyone finds. The really good stuff is just the icing on the cake.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
My first car in 1985 was a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente! It had only 34,000 miles on it and belonged to a little old lady who drove it to church and the grocery store before putting it in her garage again! It still had the original tires and battery! :D

OP
OP
KIXLSYD

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
omnicognic said:
My first car in 1985 was a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente! It had only 34,000 miles on it and belonged to a little old lady who drove it to church and the grocery store before putting it in her garage again! It still had the original tires and battery! :D

Wow, that is a pretty cool find (the car) Id love to have a 64 caliente. in 64 comets looked really sharp. Thanks again for the encouragment everyone. :) Brad

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
That's the ticket KIXLSYD, get to know your machine. I spent 2 months searching and researching my yard before I ever went anyplace else. I like to bump up my sensitivity as high as it will go with out it sounding off on its own when I hold it in the air.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
This is such a great hobby. Where else can you find just one coin and be excited and consider the hunt to be a success........... ;)

GJ & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

drustino

Mar 11, 2005
Hang in their, I have a BH Quick Draw II also, and the more you use it the more you get use to it. I start off all metal, sensitivity up, then go to notch with disc half up over same spot, you'll get to know the junk eventually, but I still dig it, you never know. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread