IM BACK! my ocean city MD trip finds

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey everyone! im back from OC MD. that was the fastest seven days on record! ::) i can see by the hundreds of posts i need to read that you have all been busy! i was busy as well, and have a bunch of finds to post. first off i found $30.45 in clad. when i first got there you couldnt walk 2 feet without hitting a coin. by the end of the week finds were becoming scarce though, so i probably came home at the right time. for anyone that fishes, fishing sucked! i only went two days and only caught one 13 inch flounder. :-[. good thing i took up detecting as a second hobby! ;D anyway............here is the jewelry i found.............the first photo is a junk pendant. it looks like gold but it isnt. the second photo is a silver earing.

Attachments

• 07-08-2006 02;43;49PM.jpg
    07-08-2006 02;43;49PM.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 07-08-2006 02;45;50pm.jpg
    07-08-2006 02;45;50pm.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
this third one is a little silver ring. and the best find was this 10k diamond ring! ;D im not sure if the diamond is real or not. i guess i need to get it appraised. the third photo is a cheapo ring. i think its from a band called "him". and it has song lyrics printed on it "your my haven in life and death". i also got a 52 wheatie. i was a bit surprised about that one! anyway.......its back to work on monday. :( maybe i can get a hunt in with my brother tommorrow morning before its back to the ol familiar grind. thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 07-08-2006 02;42;17PM.jpg
    07-08-2006 02;42;17PM.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 07-08-2006 02;48;26PM.jpg
    07-08-2006 02;48;26PM.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 07-08-2006 02;40;11PM.jpg
    07-08-2006 02;40;11PM.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 421

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bunch of finds hpr!

You're right, fishing just doesn't compare with THing unless it's very good and you're very hungry.

Badger

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hollow,

welcome back; all good things must come to
an end. ;)

Nice bunch of finds, silver is always nice.

Sorry that your fishing was off :'(

have a good un.............

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Burdie said:
Nice rings congrats. Did you find in dry sand or wet? HH Burdie

all of the rings were right on the edge between the dry and the wet sand. it seemed like a popular place for people to put thier beach chairs. the water was kinda cold so hunting in the real wet sand was a bit unproductive. ill bet that kind of hunting would be better in august.

M

mchamby

Your vacation sounds kind of like mine last year when I went to Rhode Island to fish, only squid were biting and they were bringing them in by the pailfull. I ended up detecting more than fishing but I must say I didn't do as well as you. Nice finds and thats a hunk of change. :o :D
Mchamby :

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a Great Time.

Nice Jewelry.

No loss on the Fish, You can't Wear Them ;)

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Seems like you had a great time! Nice digging in the sand isn't it? Welcome back and by the end of your first day back at work, it'll seem like you never had the week off. LOL!

HH 8) surfrat

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Welcome back. It looks like you had a great time out there.
Congrats on the silver and gold rings!
Back to the old grind on Monday. :( Have a good one. HH!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
nice nice nice,, you must've had a lot of fun there,, i was an avid fisherman b.d before detecting,, now all my gear prob has surface rust, like my golf clubs prob do,, keep the good stuff comin............ ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;) :) :) :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the fishing Hollow,at least you got enough for a sandwich....Look's like you did some damage down there.Congrat's,and they are all keeper's in my book,no doubt....I should be down there the last week of this month,did you leave me anything :-[One of these day's we should hook up and put the hurtin' on it,maybe in the fall when everybody start's to leave,let me know.Anyway,congrat's again and thank's for sharing...HH!!

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
rtde3 said:
Congrats on a nice bunch of finds! Did you get a chance to go to the shipwreck museum?

yeah rob! it was awesome!! that place just gets better every time i go!

civilman1 said:
Sorry to hear about the fishing Hollow,at least you got enough for a sandwich....Look's like you did some damage down there.Congrat's,and they are all keeper's in my book,no doubt....I should be down there the last week of this month,did you leave me anything :-[One of these day's we should hook up and put the hurtin' on it,maybe in the fall when everybody start's to leave,let me know.Anyway,congrat's again and thank's for sharing...HH!!

im pretty sure it will be re- seeded by then!! ;) it would be cool to do a hunt together in the fall. my brother and i were talking about going sometime later in the year. apparently, in the wintertime, they bulldoze the sand from the water line up to the boards in an attempt to keep it from washing away.ill bet it uncovers a lot of goodies! sort of like a man made nor easter! i will let you know what our plans are if you would like. of course you are welcome to join us! where are you located again?..........uh ok now i can see it .........harpers ferry. im a little slow today! ;)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...thats a lot 'o clad

HH
-GC

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HPRed, I was looking for someone to go to the beach with Wed. or Thur. of the 4th July week. I thought about dropping a line. I would prefer going to Rehoboth Beach, DE though. I still can,t get over those beach cleaners at O. C.

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread