Im back!

L

lerch

I'm back!

It's been about eight years since I've posted on this board. I used to hunt all the time in the mid 90's with my trusty Whites Classic III (I see they dont make it anymore). and I had allot of cool and interesting finds. For some odd reason I slipped away from mdetecting but I'm about to thake the plundge and buy another detector and start hunting. I'm 99% sure that I'm gonna go with the XLT. I was thinking DFX but from what I understand it's not all that better than the XLT and since I dont like to fidget with settings I think the XLT fits the bill. My local dealer will sell me the XLT for $799 plus I get a bunch of free stuff from Whites like a set of ear phones,pinpointer, and softcase. I looked a prices online from ebay to online retailers and I know I can get a better price but my dealer has offered to take me out hunting with him and his friend whenever they go. He has quit an impressive collection of finds and I'm sure he can pass some knowledge on to me. He's also been really good to me in the past when I bought my kayaks so he's earned my business. Quick question that I forget to ask him... Is the XLT of today the same as the XLT of the late 90's or has it been updated through the years?
Happy Hunting!
Lerch

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm back!

Welcome Back LERCH.

Sorry I can't Hellp With The XLT's , However I'm Sure Someone Here Can answer That Question.

Jeff

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Lerch,
I can't say for sure how much the detectors have changes since the 90's, but I can tell you that I love mine. I find it to go deep enough for my digs, versatile enough for dry and damp grounds, I've had great luck with it in all types of conditions and did find it thoroughly easy to master. Just my 2 cents. Happy Hunting!

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Go with the xlt.Easy to use and works like a charm.I put mine on the preset programs and I rarely get skunked.I;ve worked beside 2 white eagles , a whites 4000 ,whites idx and a Garret Treasure Ace 250 and I consistently find more keepers.The nite lite is kinda hokey , tends to blind you when you look at it then look at dark ground.Whites need to come up with something better.Pinpointing is usually right on as is depth.I use the bullseye in conjunction to speed things up and find the target when its under the plug.Good luck HH Panz

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats a lot of loot,I would shop around. Good luck. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions