Patrick14

Jul 4, 2012
Richmond Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm blown away

Today I got a Garrett Pro-Pointer and I am just blown away at what a difference it makes. I went back to spots that I previously had dug before and instantly found coins that I had missed on previous digs. Before today I was wondering if I was just waisting my time with metal detecting but now I am hooked. :headbang:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being new at this i would say it takes time and patience..I guess to say you will have good hunting days and bad hunting days..Good luck.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you run your Propointer over your target spot, before you dig you will save even more time, since it will let you know if your target is sitting near the surface so you don't need to dig a plug.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am brand new learning new stuff everyday. I too have a pinpointer .But before I did one tactic I used when swinging an area then getting a hit, I will smash the grass, sand whatever down with my detector leaving a small indention to narrow my search right off the get go

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to spots that I previously had dug before and instantly found coins that I had missed on previous digs.

You're finding coins you'd missed because of a new pin-pointer?

Sounds like you needed a new detector worse than a pin-pointer. ;-)

But glad you're enjoying yourself! :thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're finding coins you'd missed because of a new pin-pointer?

Sounds like you needed a new detector worse than a pin-pointer. ;-)

But glad you're enjoying yourself! :thumbsup:

Don't agree. Before I started to use a pinpointer, I had plenty of targets I gave up on because I just couldn't seem to find them in the hole or I didn't want to keep enlarging the hole.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my md as a pinpointer and there's only one target I quit on. That's because it was to deep, all ready 7", so I just left. I learned to tilt the coil to see where it is , also I learned last night that turning the disc up will tell you if it's worth continuing to dig. This is how I found a big copper decoration for I think a casket. I live in a old funeral home, not grave robbing lol. But I will get me a pinpointer even a cheap one.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Pro Pointer is just plain fun to use.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very small targets ( split shot sinkers ) will drive you crazy without a pinpointer . Some coins ( copper ) will camoflage themselfs in the dirt . Once you have a pinpointer , it's a whole new ballgame . Much faster recoveries also .....:thumbsup:

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are a must, and the Garret is the best. I use my detector and scan what I have dug out or to see if it is still in the hole. I can tell you that in our area, any coin can be hard to find without one. One time I got a funny signal and could not find it to save my life. The trusty pinpointer did find it. A bb. I was too stubborn to quit til I found it. When I get a clear signal, even a strange one, I have to know what it is.

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree OP!

I'm really new to all of this too and that Pro-Pointer just makes things SOOOO much easier(And faster!)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread