Im buying, how bout you?

mghcal

Greenie
Dec 26, 2008
I'm buying, how bout you?

I picked up some 90% this past weekend. Not much but got it at a decent price. My sister owns a minimart and one of the teenagers that works for her was using these coins to buy icecream. He'd supposedly found them in the bottom of a box of yardsale stuff. She called and asked me if they were worth more then 50cents each because of being from the 40's and 50's. She said there was a cop who was offering him $5 total for all of them. I told her let me know how much he wanted and I'd buy them all. Well I got a 43'D walking liberty, 43'S walking liberty, 42'S walking liberty, a 54' two 57's and a 59' franklin, and a 1886 no mint mark morgan in decent condition. I was going to give him $30 for the morgan since I think it's a collectors coin is that a fair price? It's not really something I collect and I don't want to overpay but he's a good kid working to help his family pay the bills so I don't want to cheat him either. Do you think I did alright on the halfs at $8 each or was it a bit much? I'm not to worried since I'm bullish on silver in the long run just don't want to cheat myself. I'll keep on stacking tho things are looking like they'll be getting rough soon enough. coins.jpg

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good buy in this market as it's getting hard to find Silver now at good prices. You did well. keep Stacking, Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread