Im calling this hunt...One and Done!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
Its sure getting close to my fall detecting time..just another few weeks and digging holes like a boss out there!
I had to give my new Legend a couple of swings to get back into digging mode. It's been a few months and it seems all I learned I forgot lol but I'm sure itll all come flooding back before too long.
I went looking for a good old field to swing in but all I looked at were still with a crop except one. This old place never produced more than a single coin on my previous two hunts many years ago so i was going to be happy if i found at least one coin.
So, first signal, it's a small cent ..I can wait til I get back home to see what it is but after another hour and chasing deep iron a can slaw im going to leave once again with just a single coin...this site is staying true to its past.

So back at home...the reveal...1870 IH! Cool to get a key date always !
Tough condition but it gets me back on track for a successful fall season. I think it's the bold "N" variety and it's a keeper until something better comes along!
Next time I'm hoping for at least two coins lol !!

Attachments

• 20231001_101645.jpg
    20231001_101645.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231001_101748.jpg
    20231001_101748.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 31

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey diggers!
Its sure getting close to my fall detecting time..just another few weeks and digging holes like a boss out there!
I had to give my new Legend a couple of swings to get back into digging mode. It's been a few months and it seems all I learned I forgot lol but I'm sure itll all come flooding back before too long.
I went looking for a good old field to swing in but all I looked at were still with a crop except one. This old place never produced more than a single coin on my previous two hunts many years ago so i was going to be happy if i found at least one coin.
So, first signal, it's a small cent ..I can wait til I get back home to see what it is but after another hour and chasing deep iron a can slaw im going to leave once again with just a single coin...this site is staying true to its past.

Tough condition but it gets me back on track for a successful fall season. I think it's the bold "N" variety and it's a keeper until something better comes along!
Love the title. Nice find.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey diggers!

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At least you didn't get skunked, well done on the IH.:occasion14:

The silage is starting to come off now, and a few early bean fields.
What ever they don't get done by Friday will be standing for another week.
5 days of moisture over the holiday weekend.
Been bone dry here.
Best of luck with the fall hunts.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice find for sure :) Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread