Im Clad I stopped, Clad, Copper and Cops

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Clad I stopped, Clad, Copper and Cops

Now normally I would not post clad in today's finds, but today was crazy...
I was working in a part of town I normally don't get to when I saw this empty tot lot. Empty tot lot on Saturday?
As I pulled up I thought to myself, I will make quick work of this one...NOT!
Almost immediately I was pulling clad and junk. Then as I approached the playground my MD started OVERLOADING!!!!!
One after another scoop fulls of clad and junk, sometimes in the same scoop!
Then out of the corner of my eye for the first time in 10+ years a cop rolled up....???
I did what most on here recommend and went over to talk with him.
He was real nice about it. He asked the usual if I ever find anything good. We chatted for a minute and he left. Then I went back to the grind...

I actually took two breaks then finally called it quits about half way through. I will have to hunt the other half another day.
My scoop and my back took a real beating...but it was all worth it.
When I got home I finally ordered a longer handle scoop to help save my back.

Ended with $7.59 that includes $6.60 in clad, .17 copper, .82 zincs, a fake toe ring, a bunch a junk and a sore back.
But hey, worth every minute...

The keeper bag...
IMG_1814.JPG Fake toe ring IMG_1815.JPG
My poor old Scoop...
IMG_1817.JPG and for the first time in a while my keepers outnumbered my trash...
IMG_1816.JPG Have fun out there and thanks for looking!

Upvote 1

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds!
I think you need a Lesche digging tool for the job of digging tot lots.
That sand scoop is just for what it's named after. Sand on the beach.
I hope you are covering up your holes well cause a sand scoop would make a mess digging in grassy areas.
Ya don't want to leave any trace you were there or people will complain and then the cops will kick you out of your hunting spots.
Anyways.....good finds.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
chrisplay2004

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Ace350, I am no novice.
This was sand, only 2-3" on top of dirt with a lot of larger rocks. Not a very well maintained tot lot.
If you really think I would dig grass with my scoop you are mistaken. I have plenty of digging experience in grass. You would never know I was there.
As a matter of fact, I usually don't even have to use my lesche when I discover coins at 2-3" in grass. I have more advanced tools for that.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not worry too much about the police. They are good people who sometimes just check on people they find doing something interesting to them. A break from dealing with folks from "da hood" Nice finds.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chris,
I didn't mean to offend.
Just trying to keep people informed so they don't ruin it for others.
I take it you know what you are doing.
Sorry

OP
OP
chrisplay2004

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Problem Ace350. I'e been on TNet since 2008 and I am not easily offended, just wanted to set the record straight.
8-)

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure had alot of finds and its absolutely time for a new scoop.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread