Im Coming Back for More!

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Re: I'm Coming Back for More!

sodetraveler said:
808beginnerdigger said:
:dontknow: Aint finding anything this past month, went out a few times with 808kaz... Let me know if you need help! :laughing7:

Sorry I missed your post - I basically logged off after I posted and haven't been back until just now!

Wow... Some Awesome Finds! I missed out on some awesome grinds too! Thanks for the post... It's been along time since someone posted some finds. I'll see what the other members will bring at the Bottle Club tomorrow. Maybe some very interesting finds... Aloha!

OP
OP
sodetraveler

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA

808beginnerdigger said:
Wow... Some Awesome Finds! I missed out on some awesome grinds too! Thanks for the post... It's been along time since someone posted some finds. I'll see what the other members will bring at the Bottle Club tomorrow. Maybe some very interesting finds... Aloha!

Since I'm obviously unable to attend these meetings - and I'd sure be there if I could - were there any good finds? ::)

BTW - Went back to dig the same spot on Saturday night and got visited by the police!!! :BangHead:

Now we are going to have to lay low for awhile until they forget what we look like :'(

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII

sodetraveler said:
808beginnerdigger said:

Since I'm obviously unable to attend these meetings - and I'd sure be there if I could - were there any good finds? ::)

BTW - Went back to dig the same spot on Saturday night and got visited by the police!!! :BangHead:

Now we are going to have to lay low for awhile until they forget what we look like :'(

S.O.S at the bottle meeting... finding any bimal Sodes or anything good?... "Nada" Just newer stuffs that Tom found...meeting is getting boring and uneventful, I show up to show my support, just in case maybe?..... :dontknow: and to see my friends... something to do on a Tuesday night...When Iwilei was happening a lot of members use to show up... Now a lot don't show up anymore...Don't know why? :dontknow: I did go bottling after you left for the mainland, I did find a old broken bimal beer from the mainland, Horse shoe EWA Soda and pottery in the water with 808beginningdigger and a Hawaiian Artifact??? well it's a almost perfectly round heavy rock covered with barnacles that was down buried in about a 2 feet of mud...I was told by Pake it is some kind of Hawaiian game ball...I kept it and left the barnacles on it... Sodetraveler... :BangHead: Yep that's the place that once produced a lot of sode bottles and other keepers just last year, had to go there one more time just to see...just maybe ???... :'( bolo head... Hardly any bottles left in the water, just a couple of brown Primos and a few busted stuffs not worth it at all :'( ....pretty much done and will probably not return there anymore except to go fishing....aloha 808Kaz

Attachments

• pEARL hARBOR 009.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 009.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 228
  • pEARL hARBOR 010.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 010.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 219
  • pEARL hARBOR 011.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 011.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 221
  • pEARL hARBOR 009.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 009.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 217
  • pEARL hARBOR 010.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 010.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 222
  • pEARL hARBOR 011.jpg
    pEARL hARBOR 011.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 221
OP
OP
sodetraveler

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA

808kaz said:
S.O.S at the bottle meeting... finding any bimal Sodes or anything good?... "Nada" Just newer stuffs that Tom found...meeting is getting boring and uneventful, I show up to show my support, just in case maybe?..... :dontknow: and to see my friends... something to do on a Tuesday night...When Iwilei was happening a lot of members use to show up... Now a lot don't show up anymore...Don't know why? :dontknow: I did go bottling after you left for the mainland, I did find a old broken bimal beer from the mainland, Horse shoe EWA Soda and pottery in the water with 808beginningdigger and a Hawaiian Artifact??? well it's a almost perfectly round heavy rock covered with barnacles that was down buried in about a 2 feet of mud...I was told by Pake it is some kind of Hawaiian game ball...I kept it and left the barnacles on it... Sodetraveler... :BangHead: Yep that's the place that once produced a lot of sode bottles and other keepers just last year, had to go there one more time just to see...just maybe ???... :'( bolo head... Hardly any bottles left in the water, just a couple of brown Primos and a few busted stuffs not worth it at all :'( ....pretty much done and will probably not return there anymore except to go fishing....aloha 808Kaz

Too bad the Bottle Club meetings are getting a bit slow these days. My brother was a member many (many) years ago, but stopped going for some reason or other :dontknow:

If I was there I'd be going for sure :headbang:

Always good to hook up with new potential bottlin partners and share the latest news - or just talk story :icon_thumright:

That rock you found looks interesting. Hard to tell if it's perfectly round without removing the barnacles and other stuff that are stuck to it. Mixed feelings on that :icon_scratch:
1) If you remove the barnacles you could get a better idea of the shape - and whether or not it's really an artifact.
2) The barnacles prove that it's old and you didn't just make it with a grinder and sand blaster (to remove the machine marks).

If found a couple of ulumaikas over the years myself. The first one I donated to the Lyman Museum in Hilo. It was a REALLY nice one, perfectly smoth with no bubbles at all - must have been from some of that special lava rock they used to harvest up on Mauna Loa. I sure wish I had kept that one, but I was only 8 years old at the time and kind of lolo. I pulled another one at Waipahu - or more accurately, my brother saw it in my dirt pile and gave it to me - ain't he nice! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions