Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm embarrassed

After drooling :P over all the spectacular finds from other TNet members today,
I'm embarrassed that I couldn't even find two COMPLETE "Suburban Silvers".

The .45-cal bullets and the 12-cent pocket spill were found along a trail in a wooded
area near where some early 1950's houses once stood. . . The "clipped" Rosie was
found about 3" deep in a grassy area on the way back to my car.

DSC_9384.JPG

Take care & thanks for looking,
watercolor

Upvote 0

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Re: I'm embarrassed

be glad you could find stuff,some people wish they could even get out of bed. ;D

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver is silver bud. Very nice finds you have there. I am thrilled with a couple of wheaties at the pounded sites I hunt. Multiple silver days don't happen often anymore where I hunt.

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you for all the good comments. . . they really made me stop and think how fortunate I've been to be out hunting
and to even have found a few silvers along the way (3 and 5/8's dimes to be exact ;D). Like icing on the cake as many of you
have rightfully reminded me of. I guess with winter approaching and not knowing how many hunts may be left before the snow,
I may be going through my first "end-of-season" MD withdrawal crisis :( :D (Is there is such a thing?). I'm already beginning to look
forward to researching new sites this winter which, hopefully, I will find as rewarding as the outdoor hunts in the field.

Thanks everyone!
watercolor

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Hey I put EVERY wheat I find into a carboard coin flip, label when and where I found it. So what you found is great. Silver is silver and you found some cool bullets too. Not trying to plug a post of my own but if you get the chance check out The Wonder of a Child in everything else. That might just help change your outlook.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,118363.0.html

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

just got back from a 1 hour "test drive" of my new ace 250 -- a local park -- 6 targets dug -- 3 good -3 junk -- junk first pencil eraser end read as 5 cents -- near a park table were folks sit at -- dug it because of possible ring or nickle from pocket while sitting -- the other two were 6" deep 25 cent readings at differant spots near swing sets -- normally hot spots for "loose" change to pop out of pockets - then first money a clad 1995 quarter - plus 2 zinc cents .

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stoney56 said:
Nice going WC. 8) Isn't it nice to find silver? I've hunted this one razed house site over 20X and just found the 1st silver out of it. Persistence=Perseverance. HH!
Only because I was with him did he find the coin. ;D Holy Mo WC I can't find any silver for the life of me. Congrats on your finds.
Burdie

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Embarrassed.....Who are you kidding?I thought because the two wheatie's weren't aligned with each other ;D Excellent find's WC and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread