I'm glad I asked,

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every bank I go in to ask for coins, I have gotten into the habit of asking for any old bills or bills with blue or red seals on them. I get them to either keep or sell with the hopes of spending anything over face on silver. Kind of like getting silver for free concept. Last week I happened to stop in a new bank, I've passed it several times and on Tuesday I drove by and told myself to drive back around and let's go in. Glad I did, $3 in halves, nothing, but then, Do you have any old bills question? The tells says, I have none but she has some, pointing to the next teller over. She said, I just got these yesterday afternoon, would you like them:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499544033.833830.jpg
Yes please and Thank you. 40 silver certificates, 2 $2 red seals, a $5 red seal and 2 Barr notes. She tells me an older gentleman turned them in because he wanted newer looking bills, I think he has some more to turn in. I will be stopping this week to give them my name and number and if they don't mind getting ahold of me if more come in.
I go to make a car payment Friday, no halves and when I ask about old bills the teller says she remembers seeing an old $10 and starts to go threw the bills she has strapped up. She states that it had blue print on it, now I'm interested because I don't have a $10 silver certificate. She finds it, thank goodness because I get this:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499544508.791978.jpg
I had to look it up because I've never seen one with a yellow seal. A $10 North Africa silver certificate. Thanks

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Nice score. The 10 and 5 are awesome!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't ya just hate handling that dirty cash ??? NOT, very savvy haul, now hit the book to find the "real money" value in new crispy salad grade notes. sweet selection of the color spectrum :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Nice haul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread