Im glad I dont just Edge Check

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad I don't just Edge Check

Did $100 in dimes from my new pickup bank. Teller gave me a 1943 D Steelie she had saw in her drawer when going to give change. Well besides the fact, I picked up $100 in BWR dimes. When I search halves and dimes, I edge check then set them aside and check again. I can tell silver from a mile away but not always from its edges. Pulled a 1947 P Roosie on the 5th roll edge checking. Finishing goign through the mixed coin pile after edge checking and found a 1962 D With red marker marks on both sides. The edge was very hard to make out as silver, so im glad I noticed it.

1962.jpg-

1947 3.jpg1947 1.jpg1947 2.jpg

HH
MrSchulz

Upvote 0
You definitely miss less coins if you do more than side check. However for myself, it's not worth the extra time, because the extra boxes I can go through with the added speed of side checking nets more silver over all, which is what it's all about

Hey there, kind of did the same thing, today I went to dump my 250$ in dimes in the coin machine. Found a wheatie? Wtf? XD it was either on the thing b4 I got there, or in my dimes and never noticed?? My brother was helping me, maybe he just said "hmm. Maybe he doesn't want a penny?"
:( not sure, but a 9 cent 1952.. sucks

i double edge check with a lot of light - so i miss 0 coins. any dirty edge coins i date check

D1MES_101 said:
i double edge check with a lot of light - so i miss 0 coins. any dirty edge coins i date check

Yup, I do that too, although I have never pulled a dirty silver, but I'm sure I will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back