Im goldog and Im a "fluid-head"

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great choice! Send us some gold pics!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
goldog welcome to the BGT club. The hills will be alive this weekend with many fellow clubbers. Good Luck and post something for us after you've had your first experience with it.

GM

OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanksguys. It arrived late yesterday!Can't wait to get it wet. I'll be headed to the creek this afternoon and I'll post some results later.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Less work and more gold n fun is what's in store.. Awesome choice on the prospector goldog, congrats:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BGT is the way.....can you spot my sniper?

image-2933608188.jpg

Cheers!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it that square black colored thing full of gold........

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fridays trip was a bit of a bust. My digging partner thought digging out of the stream-bed would be best for the first test.:dontknow: While there are some areas of the stream I'd like to investigate I have tested this spot pretty well and find I get better color along and into the bank. The prospector performed well, I believe, after a bit of trial and error. We moved a lot of dirt but didn't get much gold.

I went solo yesterday and dug in the bank where I consistently get color. It was hard not seeing any gold for most the day. (My Keene showed most of the take so I usually knew what area was paying.) I'd catch an occasional glimmer but I wasn't sure. After a few buckets I moved to a spot where I'd pulled out some boulders earlier. I began to see flecks hanging on the black before washing into the grizzly. Now that's what I like, immediate gratification:laughing7: Ended up a little better than average on the clean up. ($2)

One question for you guys. There didn't seem to be a lot of fluidity in the bed. I expected to reach in there and feel liquid gravel. I'm not sure I had enough flow but it seemed pretty good.:dontknow: I think.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gravel in the bed should be loose enough to easily push your finger into it. If you have decent flow over the top, you can be sure the bed is fine. If it isn't, you will see material backup under the grizzly onto the skid plate ...and not clear quickly.

In this case, my advice applies:

image-2487977474.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL fun idea!

OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some weekend gold. Not a lot but it's what I get locally. Really liking the new prospector.
BazookaGold2.jpg

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just keep making slight adjustments and you will in short time know how to set it for the water flow you have. It will always catch the gold but if the flow is set in a certain range vs angle you will speed up the amount of material it will digest. It is really cool to see the color slipping down the plate...

OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seemed to have no problem eating up the dirt. Those flakes that hang back really help encourage :headbang:While I love to see some color its both good and bad. Gotta quit looking for gold and move some dirt.

Winds and red flag warnings are down tomorrow so I may get some hours in. Still kinda hot but I'll try digging from the creek again. Here's a better pict.

IMG_0392.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread