cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having trouble reading a pcgs coin value on their chart, need some help

Hello all, I received this pcgs graded coin in one of those crappy "grab bags" on flea bay a few months ago. I'm thinking about reselling it now but I'm having trouble reading the price chart on the pcgs website(brain injury about two years ago). Can anyone help me with telling me the pcgs value of the nickel? The abreviations are throwing me of I think, DC.... This one is a 2007-S PR69DCAM. I'm guessing the PR is proof? I have no idea what the DCAM is though? I was looking on their chart and saw a 2007-S that had the letters DC in the first colum, does that mean DCAM? Thanks for any help

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: I'm having trouble reading a pcgs coin value on their chart, need some help

Looks like your coin, on the PCGS site lists for $25. You should be able to sell it for around $15-20.
DCAM is Deep Cameo. I snagged this off of a site:

In determining the value of a proof coin you are faced not only in grading the coin but also in determining the type of appearance on the coin. You will find that proofs come in brilliant, cameo and deep cameo appearances.

A deep cameo coin will have a mirrored background (fields) with a heavy frosting on the images (devices). These are beautiful coins, which appear to have a black background with white frosty images. A cameo will have a slightly less frosty appearance on the images. There won’t be a strong of a contrast as the deep cameo but it is still noticeable. A brilliant proof will show the images and fields with a mirrored finish. You will not see much contrast between the images and the fields. An additional consideration for deep cameo and cameo coins is that they must have the same contrast on both the obverse and reverse of the coin. It is not unusual to see a coin with a nice cameo on the obverse and a brilliant finish on the reverse. These types of coins won’t carry a cameo designation by a reputable grading company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread