Dr. Detector

Jul 14, 2017
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Treasure Net,

Anyone have the gold or silver fever? Well the doctor's in the house! I'm Dr. Detector, an amateur hoping to uncover some remarkable finds underneath planet Earth. On 7/9/17, I received the Garrett Ace 300 as a birthday gift for my 23 birthday. Mother Nature does not want me to go metal detecting just yet, as her tears come falling down here in Ohio. I was able to conduct air test's to better understand the digital target ID and I am still a little sketchy on it (does anyone have an Ace 300 and the ID's for various objects?)

I bought the Ace 300 because last year, I took my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV in a 6ft river and it toasted the control box! That detector was crappy though. I got discouraged after awhile because within 2 years of having it, I only found (3) un-fired .22's, $0.32, a broken make-up brush, countless nails and a partridge in a pear tree (not really). Anyone have any tips on where to go? I kind of want to stick to beaches and stay away from turf if possible. Like I said, I live in Ohio and there are very strict laws in my county but there is a beach 45min away that looks good to search (I just have to settle the divorce papers with Mother Nature)

Hope to hear from you folks at TreasureNet soon.

Take care and happy hunting
-Dr. Detector

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Metal Detecting over to New Member Introductions for more exposure :..​

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet! Great first post. When it stops raining make a test garden with various targets at different depths. Listen to the different tones your detector makes associated with the different coins and depths. Best of luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread