Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with Bounty hunters but do know many use them. Have you bought yet and if not what is your budget? Great helpful members here.

OP
OP
bmhummel

bmhummel

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I'm just starting out I would like to be around $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garret 250 would work well and you can pick one of them up for like $220 or so. Pretty easy to learn I heard and really decent starter machine.

OP
OP
bmhummel

bmhummel

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll check that out, thanks!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eurotek Pro is the best value out there for a beginner machine. The 11" DD coil version is the one you want. I just picked one up and am amazed by this machine. I tested it at a basketball court, known for heavy trash, and was able to pick 11 coins in 1/4 of the courts outside perimeter. It has very good audio over the Ace's annoying bell tone. The Fisher F2 is a great starter detector also ( I have one for sale in marketplace).

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also consider a good digger tool and a pinpointer. The first year or so I used harbor freight hand held pin pointer and a Home Depot ames digger.

Since your new, you dont know where you want to hunt yet. There is many different ways to use a detector. I started with a Bounty Hunter and was happy with what it did. But soon wanted more. I would recommend you watch a few videos that is out there, so you dont settle. There has been some great suggestions here, and I cant tell you how attached and happy I am with my Fisher.

I would suggest you talk to one of the sponsors here that sells detectors, tell them what you want to do, and go from there. While used machines can be picked up at great savings, new machines come with warrantys and support for your investment. It would be easier for you to go hunt with someone in your area and see what some of the differences are. There may be a club in your area also. The videos you see online are from guys who have mastered thier machines and have good areas to hunt. Its a little bit harder than what they make it look like.

1day.jpg This is a one day hunt. What you dont see is the silver necklace and small jewelry I found. The coins are in a tin awaiting tumbling. I have top of the line equipment too and my old bounty hunter would have just slowed me down and digging way more trash. Its a number game for me, I have to dig so many holes till I find say a ring, or old silver coin. The Bounty Hunter could of found this stuff too, but mine beeps on everything. So if you spend a lil more you will help speed up your recovery time, which means more targets.

You should get a lot of responses to this question as it is asked alot. Look at the eurotec, the ace series, fisher, and tesoro to name a few. Kellyco has compare detectors page that helps also. I spent 3 days talking to Evan Granger from Barts Big Toys about a new detector purchase. My next detector will be purchased from them. Hope this helps a little and good luck. This is a addicting hobby.

Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aboard! I personally use a garrett a t gold. I dont know much about bh... I bet however it will be perfect for you there in ark. But if you decide to save up to the 6 or 7 hundred range, thing get real intresting. Things like iron seperation, multi sensitivities level presets, accurate depth readings and true pin pointing capabilities. Check out kellyco, they have bundle packs that great for a beginner.

OP
OP
bmhummel

bmhummel

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a new fisher f2. Thanks for all of the help

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
F2 was a really good choice! Good luck!

georgia boy

Feb 4, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a fisher f2 and love it. You won't be disappointed!

OP
OP
bmhummel

bmhummel

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got it in and got it put together. I'm excited to get started and see what I can find!

OP
OP
bmhummel

bmhummel

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried out my new machine. I had a blast. I search an old baseball field near my home. I found several old pull tabs. I also found a quarter and a dime. I had a hard time digging so I ordered a new lesche digger. I hope that will make digging a little less difficult.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread