Im no poet and i know it but...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think this guys too bad. His book seems to be worth a good amount of money too. Now it's missing the dustcover but I would guess the dustcovers not why it's worth the money. It's the pictures inside of it. I bought five things today that I think are all pretty decent. One of them I'm going to separate thread on but this is a poem book by Edgar Allan Poe.

image-4250743822.jpg

image-2198890401.jpg

image-2228561708.jpg

image-2170245224.jpg

image-2170245224.jpg

image-4294805175.jpg

image-447093627.jpg

Also I got about 6 pounds a free copper pipe as well at the same yard sale and spent five dollars total.

This one was at another yard sale and the lady said she priced everything off of eBay. And I could feel free to look up the prices to compare.
So she said nothing was negotiable you there and with prices like this I wasn't going to negotiate. Her price was $90!

image-2147257796.jpg

eBay price is $699
I tested it there and it worked but like an idiot I forgot the power cord at the house but it's just a standard power cord. I'm going to have to find one around the house. This estate sale is not close to where I live.

http://ebay.to/1xZP6vn

image-2394246540.jpg

A little bit of gold and silver. I have a copper antique chandelier in the car that needs to be put together and then I have some test equipment I guess and is Marked U.S. Navy on it. That will be in a second thread.

And this guy was a dollar. One whole dollar for this I don't even know what to price it at I did not see anything like it.

image-3148383856.jpg

image-3999693662.jpg

Nothing like a brass Centaur letter opener! Lol! $1! She had some other brass stuff as well but she wanted five dollars apiece they were these huge Dolphins I did not want to clean them. they were so messy. And I have no intentions to go to the recycling center anytime soon so I just left them for somebody else.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She tried to look for a date. The lady having the sale said she was having it for a friend and had no idea what she had for sale. In fact she told me when I pulled this out that she wanted five dollars for it and I said that was the most expensive book I bought since I went to college! And it looks like it is a good one. But I'm going to do my old college professor a favor. I think I'm going to read it before I sell it!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure in that condition, depending on edition, that book is valuable. But you'd be wrong to think the dustcover isn't what's valuable.

My dad collects books, and an intact dustcover can sometimes double the value. Some people even keep them separately stored so they don't get damaged.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure in that condition, depending on edition, that book is valuable. But you'd be wrong to think the dustcover isn't what's valuable. My dad collects books, and an intact dustcover can sometimes double the value. Some people even keep them separately stored so they don't get damaged.

Yeah I know. I think if it had the dustcover though she would've kept it for sure have not sold it. I don't know hopefully I can get something out of it. Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread