Im Rich, Im Rich!!!!

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm Rich, I'm Rich!!!!

GOT A GOOD ONE!!

My friend in Florida was scammed...or maybe the scammer got scammed. Since she is unmarried, she goes to a 'singles' site, and met someone by the name of Rick (commonly used scam name). Anyhow he used a sob story on her about being stranded in Nigeria. He told her he loved her, sent her pics of him (which any pic can be downloaded and used). She is very naive and big hearted so he pulled her heartstrings to no end. He said he would send her $5000 via her credit card (2 $2500 increments), and then for her to send the money back to him, via western union, so that he could have money to live on, and for a plane ticket home (supposedly from Minneapolis). He said it was the only way to get $cash$ in Nigeria, that a Western Union Check could be cashed and that he could not get cash from his credit card. (My question to her was...He could send the money, but not get any? Does that make any sense? Ah, isn't VISA accepted anywhere in the world?)

The money came to her credit card, and since she owed around $2500, and was behind on her payments, the credit card company would not release the money to her. They kept it as payment. When she called the credit card company to let them know it was a scam, they would not release the name on the credit card the money came from. The second $2500 was sent via Western Union.

When she told me this story, I tried explaining to her that the money that came to her credit card was probably kited from a stolen identity/credit card. I sent her proof via websites. She went to the local cop shop and they told her it was a federal issue and there was nothing they could do. She said she just wanted a report written up stating it was a SCAM transaction in case something came back on her. For a while, she was scared to go out the door for fear of this guy.

This was about 1 1/2 years ago, and every now and then she gets an e-mail or phone call from this guy wanting his money. He also used the Hearing Impaired Phone line to call her. Needless to say she does not answer the phone on strange numbers, nor answers any e-mails. HOW MANY OTHER WOMEN OUT THERE FELL PREY TO THIS GUY? Just think of the bankroll this guy has now!!!

So, did the scammer get scammed? I think so....for half of it anyhow!

Melnatcat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread