Im sick but I still want to go out and detect......

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sick but I still want to go out and detect......

Over the last two days I've come down with a nasty little cold. I'm going to work from home tomorrow to try to get rid of it before the weekend. So I can get in a little detecting time.

I've been chomping at the bit since Monday night. I was speaking to a local historian and the conversation came around to my hobby of metal detecting. He proceded to rattle off three sites I'm going to try out.

1. The possible site of a American Revolution skirmish that he just wrote a paper on. I have my doubts but it is worth checking out.

2. The site of an old tavern/inn that is now a paved public parking lot. Not much ground left but I will check out the edges to see if I can find anything.

3. Lastly, he is living in and restoring an old farm house on 5 acres which he said I can detect. It has not been a working farm since the late 1800s and the town has grown around it but I spoke to another person from the area that found a coin from the late 1700s in their garden.

I'm hoping to squeeze a few hours in this weekend and I'll let you know if I find anything. I want to hit the skirmish site first since I'm not sure where or when he plans on putting his paper out.

NJ

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: I'm sick but I still want to go out and detect......

Half a bottle of Nyquil and 18 hours of sleep and you'll be good as new :tongue3:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do it. Vitamin C tablet and bundle up. Good to go. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Half a bottle of Nyquil and 18 hours of sleep and you'll be good as new
I'd cut this in half, but get all the sleep you can too. Chicken soup and lots of brandy before bed helps too.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman said:
Half a bottle of Nyquil and 18 hours of sleep and you'll be good as new
I'd cut this in half, but get all the sleep you can too. Chicken soup and lots of brandy before bed helps too.

Thanks guys...I plan on get a ton of sleep tonight. I will take something but not a half bottle and the wife made me home made chicken soup for dinner. I did drive by the field that he thought the skirmish took place and there is a six foot construction fence around the entire area. I will try to get permission but this may be another site lost to development.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread