Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: I'm still in shock!

chico rico said:
THeir is some writing on the back, I'm still trying to make out.
Can you show a pic of the back? We are all dreamers sitting here on the edge of our seats. :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: I'm still in shock!

bigcypresshunter said:
chico rico said:
THeir is some writing on the back, I'm still trying to make out.
Can you show a pic of the back? We are all dreamers sitting here on the edge of our seats. :D

Yeah! What he said! lol Find a gold test kit even!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
Re: I'm still in shock! A kilo of GOLD!?!?

gold= $35,000 very good deal

brass= $10.00 not a bad deal

HH DDEII :icon_pirat:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

I didn't think gold tarnished. ??? I have to play a "Doubting Thomas" on this one.

Kyle

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zoyboy said:
I didn't think gold tarnished. ??? I have to play a "Doubting Thomas" on this one.

Kyle
:thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold?

bigcypresshunter said:
Found on the net: (be careful of pop-ups).
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...=11+"Zurich+Foundry"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

Publicidad

Tengo un lingote y no se si es verdadero...Cómo podría despejarme toda duda?. Tiene inscripciones como "Zurich Foundry" y un código, pero en el reverso dice "BRASS".
Me gustaría que dejaran aquí su opinión.

Translation:
Publicity I have an ingot and not if he is true... How it could clear all doubt to me. It has inscriptions like "Zurich Foundry" and a code, but in reverso it says "BRASS". I would like that they left its opinion here.

Here is a gold ingot. Notice the gold coloring? 8)

Attachments

• gold-ingot-754919.jpg
    gold-ingot-754919.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,327

fourleaf

Oct 19, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570

Hello everyone, I talked with a friend of mine at Austin gold company and he said that if he paid $5.00 for that bar at an antique store, he said it is an interesting find because there are not many out there, but he said that it would definitely be counterfeit , he said they filled them lead, and he said it would not tarnish if it was real, he said you could see your reflection for life. I asked him if there was a web site to research the bar of gold and he said no, not that i know of. He said that you can still buy Swiss gold, he said that the Zurich f. was bought by another Swiss company 15 years ago.

I had to research this topic, it had my curiosity going! Either way it is a great find, there may only be a couple out there in the world!

Great find!

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California

C'mon people, how could you ever, ever think that there would be a marked kilo of gold in an antique store for $5.00????

As someone else brought out, pure gold would be brilliant, with no tarnish. You guys should know that, if anybody!

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

After charging up the camera battery and realizing my wife scanned the first photo...I Cleaned off a large and very heavily sticky $5 price sticker. In the picture below is what the reverse reads. I'm kinda mad at my wife who is still laughing uncontrollably. Thanks for all the posts and info. Sorry for it not being so. I still think my wife was in on it with the antique dealer. In hindsight they both had smiles the size of my eyes when I heard FIVE DOLLARS. Sorry to disappoint but please blame my wife...or maybe soon to be ex-wife.

Attachments

• goldbar2.jpg
    goldbar2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,331

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

lol keep her! At least she did not yell at ya for wanting to buy it! :wink: I would have paid $5 for that cool goodie anyway! Thanks for sharing it with us! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

Cynangyl said:
lol keep her! At least she did not yell at ya for wanting to buy it! :wink: I would have paid $5 for that cool goodie anyway! Thanks for sharing it with us! :icon_sunny:
She actually gave me the cash since I carry none. Yeah, I'll keep her she the best ever, but she better watch her back. Payback's a .....

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

rofl too funny.....I do believe she will be watching real careful! well and giggling too! :wink:

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC

LOL that sucks man! Still a neato bar for a paper weight or doorstop.
I have two of these:
radbar1.jpg

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

Hello everyone, I talked with a friend of mine at Austin gold company and he said that if he paid $5.00 for that bar at an antique store, he said it is an interesting find because there are not many out there, but he said that it would definitely be counterfeit , he said they filled them lead, and he said it would not tarnish if it was real, he said you could see your reflection for life. I asked him if there was a web site to research the bar of gold and he said no, not that i know of. He said that you can still buy Swiss gold, he said that the Zurich f. was bought by another Swiss company 15 years ago.
fourleaf said:
I had to research this topic, it had my curiosity going! Either way it is a great find, there may only be a couple out there in the world!

Great find!

Eventhough it is brass it may still be that rare? Please let me know what you find out!?

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

Just remember, she's your wife, you can hit her as hard as you want to.

fourleaf

Oct 19, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570

Gold fish, my wife said she can always come back and kick him in the jewels as hard as she can! :help: HAPPY HUNTING!

Not a problem! as soon as i talk to him again, i will ask him and message you with what he said!

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

gold fish said:
Just remember, she's your wife, you can hit her as hard as you want to.

I have a hard time finding your comment on domestic violence amusing. Please do me a favor and cease to comment further.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

It's a great find Chico,

I'll give you twice what you paid if you mail it to me! LoL

Hope you can find more...
HH
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread