Greenie
Feb 11, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, F-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stumped...Help!

I have had a Fisher F2 for quite some time now.. but I am getting fed up with the faint signals that come up once or twice then disappear. I'm hunting old sites where i know the silver and Wheaties exist but they are to deep for the F2 to detect. I've done depth tests and I am not impressed at all. I've been happy with this detector but it's time for an upgrade. Soooo What do I do? I have narrowed it down to either buying the F4 Or F5 or just buying the DD coil for the F2. I want a machine with ground balance and I want a machine that can get 8" easy on coins. My price range is around $400-450$ so the at pro is out. I already have the pro pointer so there is no need for a pin pointer. I'm just stumped with so many options to choose from... So overall which would be a great detector for around $400??? I would like to hear personal experience with detectors. Thanks in advance

Coinhunters50

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess if it were me unless i wanted to spend $550+ I would try new coil. I have never found much at 8" and I am sure there are those that have but I find a lot at 6". Sometimes if you slow your swing down it helps as well.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want really deep stuff, turn off the discrimination (the deep stuff tends to be read incorrectly by a detectors VDI anyway, so if you are depending on it to guess what is down deeply in the ground, you will find that it can't - makes no difference what brand / model of detector you have).

I relic hunt - since I have no idea what I will find, I tend to run without discrimination. On my Whites 5900, its at least 30% deeper. Mind you, you will dig a lot of trash, however, that's the price of extra depth.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
coinhunters50 - you might also consider browsing SubForum Fisher Research Labs for answers...

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is right about discrimination, turn it off. I have a Tesoro Golden Umax. Almost everyone says they are not deep. But I run mine no notch and 0 disc and it gets really deep. On large targets I have to raise it two feet of the groud before it stops beeping. I think it would find a Quarter at 8to10.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Go to Teknetics website, I think it's www.teknetics2.com/ They have a new model Teknetics Eurotec Pro. It is $219 with 8" concentric coil, or $299 with 11" DD coil. You can read the manual there. It says usually IDs coins properly to 8". Depth reading to 9", numerical ID. It has special proprietary circuitry that punches through ground minerals better than others using preset ground balance. It also has various adjustments for iron, full volume, weak, or silent. If you choose silent, it flashes iron. It detects coins very close to trash. Made by First Texas as is the Fisher F2. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread