Im sure weve ALL had days like this before...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Penny Cartoon.jpg
    Penny Cartoon.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 226

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm sure we've ALL had days like this before...

YES!

And 4 occasions come to mind, just a little different because they were finds that almost weren't.

My friend the Cladman and I were walking around a field and getting nothing, and after 15-20 minutes, every time we looked at each other no one would make the call to leave. By the time the half hour mark hit I had decided to walk along the creek and found a 1777 8 reale.

Then there was in 2001 when I had tried twice to find a site I had seen on an early map, but failed. My gut told me to go back and the third time was the charm and that day I found my best CT copper and military button.

Another was a hunt where there was no plan to hunt, but I received a call at the last minute from some guests I had, and they were game for one last short dig. I found a very good button.

And then there's Romeo and his belt plate. We weren't getting too much and I was very close to saying lets get the hell out of here, but for some reason I didn't, and 5 minutes later he found his 1812 Artillery plate.

Now having posted those examples of finds that almost didn't happen, and I'd have a whole lot more to write if I thought about it, what we have missed is probably indeed a very scary thing.

was when Romeo was here and found his belt plate.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Re: I'm sure we've ALL had days like this before...

that cartoon reminds me of a thought I have about every time I go out.

I wish I could render a 3d image after a hunt with the dirt being transparent, showing me all the targets that I dug and their locations, and all of the targets I missed down to about 3 feet.

That would be neat to see what I missed, then again if I could do that who would need a MD :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions