Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well finally made it to the beach for vacation. Didn't get a Stealth 720, but I'm having fun anyway.

I was on the beach this morning around 5am, there was about 5 others doing the same thing, so I started swinging and finding some coinage, well I started to get into any area where there was some targets already dug so I was checking them out and found pull tab after pull tab in or around the holes, well I finally found the person digging these up an said you know if you take those out with you, you won't dig them up tomorrow, and her response was if people wouldn't throw them on the beach I wouldn't have to dig them up!

What an idiot! After that remark I didn't even say anything about not filling in the holes she dug. Guess ill just walk behind her tomorrow with a trash bag, maybe she'll get the hint, probably not, IDIOT

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
It is MD'ers like your friendly idiot that ruins it for the rest of us - simply unreal...

mikemcc39

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Something like that happened to me last week too. I saw someone MDing not too far off from me. I saw he never stopped at a trash can when he got off the beach so when I got to his spot I checked his holes. Sure enough there was trash and other stuff including a couple of dimes and other coins he missed...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can you do..........very sad.......people just don't get it........

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:

id·i·ot
[id-ee-uht] Show IPA

noun
Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of mental disability, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

3. Metal detectorist that leaves found trash and said holes uncovered which will result in the banning of detecting said area for future generations in previously permissable locations .

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pisses me off. I can see not going out of you way to pick garbage but anything you did should goeth you. Ya gotta hope karma steps in and they lose some expensive gold while they're at it......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a guy hunting our county parks and he was leaving holes and trash near each hole. I tried to enlighten him about taking his trash so he wouldn't have to find it again. When he told me where to go I had the deputy give him a ticket. The day of his court hearing I produced photos of his holes and the fine was impressive. You just can't cure stupid.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that I would have started talking real loud.....and I mean loud, that others would hear me when I declared that this person wasn't following a good detectorists code of ethics. Ohhhhh yes indeed I would be letting everyone around know what she was doing. I'd embarrass her all the way. I may look like a fool.... but I love metal detecting way too much and it's these types of people that ruin it for the rest of us. I sure would call "anyone" out that is hurting our hobby. Like I said, I may look like a fool....but I got my "Big Girl" pants on and I can take it!!!!:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see that lady md-ing again, tell her she is famous! That there is a thread about her on the WORLD WIDE WEB and ppl are talking about her! Then tell her to check the tnet beach section, she should be able to figure out which thread is hers! LOL!

Maybe even write a Craigslist Rant about her, in your area! LOL!

Guess it's good I am allergic to idiots, and have declared the space around me as an "idiot-free" zone! :laughing7:
Idiots Beware!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find taking pictures and videos of folks seems to make them go away. Now dont get me started on plugs.

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe I should spend some time lookin for these types and writing some tickets.........being a cop I'd certainly say something about it......I haven't come across it yet.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like she is quite the class act.. Kudos to you for trying to help her out.. But it's painfully obvious she is what we try to avoid being...

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The big problem is if they leave the beach a mess. Can you imagine what they do in a park or school yard?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a guy hunting our county parks and he was leaving holes and trash near each hole. I tried to enlighten him about taking his trash so he wouldn't have to find it again. When he told me where to go I had the deputy give him a ticket. The day of his court hearing I produced photos of his holes and the fine was impressive. You just can't cure stupid.

No you can't cure stupid, as stupid stupid does.
But you sure can make it expensive! WTG Sandman, it's past time that someone took assertive and positive action to resolve the problem.

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought everyone knew that we take out what we dig up!:icon_scratch: Unless it's an old VW.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact of the matter, is that the "work" is in digging the hole, dropping the trash in your pouch is effortless. I believe the scum that don't fill their hole in, or pick up the trash, are the same one's that are providing the trash in the first place.

I ran into the same thing on a fresh water beach at a state park. I obtained a permit from the Park office, but when I got to the small beach, I was shocked to see 30 to 40 holes in the sand, all with a piece of trash placed proudly on top of the sand pile. :BangHead:

I spent some time picking up their trash, and filling in the holes, they are lucky they didn't show up while I was there fuming. If I caught them, and they wouldn't listen to reason, their machine would be tossed in the lake, and if they didn't like that, they would follow it.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have salted one of her holes and pulled out a gold coin or diamond ring. You can gloat....look what you missed hahaha.
obviously she's too stupid to realize .......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread