im torn.......

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will be getting rid of somethings(for$$$)
and havent decided whether or not to buy another detector or get this
images

If you already have a good detector and not a good rifle-get the rifle

Attachments

• ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 371
DeKalb,

toys for boys.

Go with the detector. Sure you will get
more use out of it.

Still using detectors after 28 years; pistols and
rifles are sitting around waiting to be cleaned
again, and except for a few trips on the range,
have not gotten much use out of them the last
few years. Have enough around the house for
any situations.

Can you ever have enought equipment in
the big search for the past. ;) ;D

Just my 2 cent.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Get the rifle ED. You'll look cooler. coolgunsmily.gif

Attachments

• coolgunsmily.gif
    coolgunsmily.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 363
if the only made a combo one ---then you could detect the "bad" neighborhoods---

if youve got some land available that you can shoot on get the rifle. if you have to pay to shoot atthe range it will get expensive. in that case get a detector.

Here's my detecting buddy selection. The single-shot rifle is a .223 REM on a T/C Contender frame with a 21" barrel and a 4X Weaver scope. 34-1/2" overall. Smaller than my .22LR rifles but able to whack coyotes out to 300 yards. The Colt .45 ACP is a 3-3/4" bbl Officer's Model with Ed Brown recoil buffer, Gold Cup trigger, throat and spring job. The Pachmayr clips still hold 7 round each. The S&W is a 1950's K-frame M-14 DA .38 Special I used to shoot PPC with. It will put six shots in 1-1/2" at 25 yards from a rest. Or six shots in a FBI Silhouette 10 ring from 60 yards offhand timed fire. I paid $125 for that used as the dealer said no one wanted a .38 Spl. I did. That's taken dozens and dozens of bunnies with head shots using mid-range wadcutters. Sweet little pistol.

All for much less than an AR-15 (in fact, all three about equal one AR-15), plus they burn less ammo and can be carried easily while detecting. The .45 rides in a shoulder rig or ITP (inside the pants) belt rig . . . but not in the tot lots or town parks. ;)

I've owned an AR-15, Norinko AKM, Ruger Mini-14. After a while spraying and praying gives way to the realization that one good shot is better than 20 or 30 sloppy ones.

Attachments

• hpim0147s.jpg
    hpim0147s.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 370
Buy the AR-15 and enjoy your toy. When Troy comes out with his new X-7 sell it and buy the X-7. That way you will always have a new toy in your arsenal.

George

If you buy the AR-15, people will just give you their jewelry and money. Your yield will go way up. You won't have to dig anymore either. Well maybe to get out of jail but that's digging for a different reason.

Daryl

an armed hungry man around unarmed folks with food will not be hungry for long----Ivan

& if the new immigration bill passes there is going to be a lot of both. 02

A metal detector will return $$$ to you and you'll have fun plus exercise doing it...

An AR-16, well I guess that will return money to you as well if you decide to rob a bank but you won't have fun doing it!

HH from M2

Attachments

• flasherclr.gif
    flasherclr.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 178
ivan salis said:
an armed hungry man around unarmed folks with food will not be hungry for long----Ivan

An armed and hungry man found raiding the cornfield of an armed and organized farmer will supply the makings of the next scarecrow and a little extra protein for the chickens. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back