I'm visiting Florida this week and I brought my detector.

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North of the Inlet is public Vilano Beach,don’t take your vehicle on the beach unless it’s 4WD, we watched them pull out cars all day at $250 a pop. The South side of the Inlet is Anastasia State Park I think you are allowed on the beach but I would ask first, you are allowed at Sebastian. The origional Inlet was at the South end of Salt Pond. Several miles south there is Matanzas Inlet this is where the Spanish had a small fort, it was the “back door” to St. Aug. The French mounted a campaign against the Spanish but were caught in a hurricane and destroyed their fleet. The survivors who washed ashore were captured and beheaded at the Inlet. I don’t think MD is allowed. I would ask at the office at the State Park. Everything else is Private Property. FC4ADA4C-011D-4BE4-940D-F67E087A3268.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carson Coin Master

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are staying in Cresent Beach and have private beach access. I wonder if that's any decent detecting. If anyone is free and wants to go let me know

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this Tropical Storm, possible Hurricane blowing in Sunday, if you are still here Monday it will be prime beach time with the beach erosion a big factor washing away all the sand they just replenished the beach with, down to the good stuff. Depends where it comes in at, earlier it looked like it would be around Sebastian now it looks more north towards the Cape. I will probably run down to Sebastian where some of the 1715 Fleet is just off the beach, possible circus in the making. LOL! Depends on the damage also closures. Just went and got fuel for the generator. Be Safe. Good Luck!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wish I were in your beach shoes!

Flipper nailed it. You may have a once in a lifetime chance to find something good. Depends if you want to be a tourist or a MDer.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take cover!!.... Hope you get a chance to get out their good luck!!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent last three days prepping, we are a little NE of Orlando, my in-laws live at Flagler Beach on the 16th floor of a condo on the beach and the other one is on the Inner Coastal just south of Ponce Inlet. This could be really bad for all of us. Expecting major flooding with up to 2’ of rain and our house can’t handle 100 mph winds, we will lose our roof for sure and lots of big oak trees around us. Going to park my truck down the street in an open area. This really sucks. If it comes in at a 4 we are going to lose everything. I’ll take plenty of pix of everything blowing away LOL!

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this Tropical Storm, possible Hurricane blowing in Sunday, if you are still here Monday it will be prime beach time with the beach erosion a big factor washing away all the sand they just replenished the beach with, down to the good stuff. Depends where it comes in at, earlier it looked like it would be around Sebastian now it looks more north towards the Cape. I will probably run down to Sebastian where some of the 1715 Fleet is just off the beach, possible circus in the making. LOL! Depends on the damage also closures. Just went and got fuel for the generator. Be Safe. Good Luck!

Right now it's a toss up. I live 36 miles from New Syrmina beach. If it hits close at a cat 4 we are toast. If not, I'll be heading to the beaches around Sebastian inlet when the weather makes it possible. Wabasso beach is a great spot. Good luck to you.....

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be heading down also. Several years ago we went down right after a hurricane, miles and miles of downed power lines. All the poles were sandblasted on the one side from the wind, and everything green was gone. Just before we got to the bridge at Sebastian there was a complete roof from a house in the middle of the road, what was weird their wasn’t any houses around. Nails from debris on the roads is going to be an issue. Good luck with your home and stay safe. We are as ready as we can get, now the wait and see.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck sounds like a blast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread