ima hit this one hard, old rock/ redbrick foundation/ updated4/6/07 pics

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
a few months ago, i discovered a foundation made of rock that still stands about 1ft high. im not sure if its the front or back, but there has been alot of old red brick laid, like a porch, not todays red brick, yesterdays red brick, i already checked the bricks for marks, none. i saw tons of glass shards dating to 1800's, early 1900's. im gonna probe for glass and detect. the foundation is about 1/4 mile from RR that has been since at least 1898, i know it went through my old home town from this way in 1898. i did have a detector, but it does not do good discriminating. there is alot of iron targets there. so, i was thinking, maybe some gold with that iron. i had to give up my higher end detector, and now am using my older lower end. so i decided that i will pick up every piece of metal i find. something i have never done before. i always cherry picked;) im sure i have lost gold in the past by "cherry picking" i will hit this spot over a period of a few weeks, starting tomrrow hopefully. i will post picks of the foundation and ALL finds, junk treasure, i will put updated date on the subject. this is the first time i have hard detected in about a year, i have since been searching for bottles, i caught that damn bottle bug. my wife tells me i am not addicted, but she said i seriously have a problem, finding glass turned from a hobby to a problem she says.....hmmmmm, well ill try detecting. hopefully itll be interesting, wishem me luck;)
p.s. i also believe women may have lived there also, i have found zinc canning lids and a perfume? stopper top. ? on the surface

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: ima hit this one hard, old rock/ redbrick foundation

ok, well i got to get over there, i was having problems all day. first when i got there i forgot my smokes, so i went all the way back to my car, when i got back i started probing for glass, and messed up my probe. then i started working to get all of that iron out. man, i got discouraged, even when i put my pinpointer ever inch it was going off. so i decided ill put the iron thing off for awhile. i went to a clearing with less iron found a 1943 merc, a 1927 s wheat, a bunch o buttons, one marked u.s. army. and all sorts of "stuff" n buttload of shot gun ends. a a few old bullet heads. this place will be my "local project". i have found things here from 1800's up to modern military, so who knows what ill find here.

Attachments

• IM000935.JPG
    IM000935.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,652
  • IM000934.JPG
    IM000934.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,639
  • IM000933.JPG
    IM000933.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 1,639
  • CIMG2461.JPG
    CIMG2461.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,637
  • CIMG2450.JPG
    CIMG2450.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,654
  • CIMG2448.JPG
    CIMG2448.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,647

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: ima hit this one hard, old rock/ redbrick foundation/ updated4/4/07 pics

There has to be alot of goodies there. Nice pictures

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: ima hit this one hard, old rock/ redbrick foundation/ updated4/4/07 pics

k, i dont get it, everything im finding here seems WW2. except for the glass, thats why im sticking to to, i know there has gotta be something good comming out of this one. today i found a 1946 quarter, a zippo dated 1951-1957, has a battle ship on it with u.s.s. SAMUEL N. MOORE DD 747, at first i thought it may have been someones but is a battle ship. some maybe SILVER ware, a balm jar with cap in good condition, a 50-70 shell casing. since i am finding silver here, ima keep at it.

Attachments

• CIMG2501.JPG
    CIMG2501.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,634
  • CIMG2516.JPG
    CIMG2516.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,639

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds and great photos will be watching to see what other goodies ya find. :thumbsup:

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Hey there
chong2, a little history for ya. The U.S.S. Samuel N. Moore
was a destroyer. Commisioned on 6-1944 and decommisioned
10- 1969. Saw service in W.W.2, Korea, and Vietnam. She
was awarded 5 battle stares in ww2,3 in Korea and
7 in Vietnam................................Jim.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Looks like a zippo lighter. If it is, send 'em a pic - they may place some value on it. Also, if you wanted to clean it up and get it working again, Zippo guarantees 'em for life - send it in and they will replace the innards (probably clean up the case too unless you tell 'em not to)

Diggem'

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
good idea on the zippo, thanks for the info, i have not gone back to that place for awhile now, i used a bounty hunter there before, now i have a mxt, maybe ill get some more depth, thanks again guys, ill update when i go back

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you researched the area? If it's close to RR tracks you might've come upon a staging area for troops going overseas or coming home. With some good research you might be able to locate other buildings close to the foundation you found. Eitherway you're coming up with some nice finds! Hope you find tons more!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
thanks, im still looking at records form the area for the site, its just so little time and so many places :) i was born after so many areas have already been hit, so im always looking 4 that virgin site :) ill be back there within the month, ill keep u all posted of course

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Chong, Just think how cool it would be if you could return that Zippo lighter to the family of the original owner. I bet Zippo could help with locating the original owner. It is yours, but just think of the value to the family of the old soldier. Good luck. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
hey cloud, sorry 4 the longgggg delay, thats a great idea, i cant imagine the reaction, its in storeage now, but should be out soon, ill put that on my to do list :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread