Images ... Keeping Control Of Your Property!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A few weeks ago, someone did a wholesale deletion of their posts which set off an ill advised (IMO) attempt to prevent the same thing from happening in the future.

Because of that one person's behavior, you can no longer edit your posts after a predetermined period of time elapses. In other words, if you have an image that you need to remove, you can't if you wait too long, Let's say you accidentally revealed too much information in the image, but didn't realize it until the next day --- Tnet will not allow you to remove that image from the post.

So, now your image is not able to be removed from the post or even replaced (perhaps you uploaded the wrong image ... a picture of your house instead of your site).

There is a solution, and all it takes is a bit of understanding how BBCode works ... and having an online source that will allow you to display and link an image instead of uploading it to Tnet.

There has been some background discussion as well about the possibility of a copyright issue. I've been told that once you upload your image to Tnet, it is their image and they own the copyright. Again, even if this is so, there is a solution ... actually the same solution.

UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES

Good Solution:
First, do not upload your image directly to Treasurenet if you have any of the above concerns. There are online repositories that will allow you to create albums, and link those images to a forum post. My personal favorite is Photobucket.com but there are others like Imageshack.com. These will allow you to post the images on their servers, and will not contest the ownership of any images. They are your images, you own the copyright if you took the picture. Most of these services are free.

Drawback: If you post a link to an image there, you will not be able to change it. You will only be able to delete that image, not edit it.

After you have uploaded, when you view your image there you will be able to copy a link to the image just look for the line that says IMG.

spi_der.gif

Ima Web Builder

If you have questions about how to do this, post them here or PM me.

Be well.

One other thing, I would advise that in the future you may wish to place a copyright notice on any images you upload to forums (not just Tnet) for your own protection.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread