Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Impact hunt.
Smallest coil used exclusively.

Only 2 coins found here previously by myself. (Private site)
Silver GW quarter and a buffalo nickle.

Folks I have pounded this site to high heavens using some very notable detectors,,stock and small coils.

This is first time Impact has been on this site today.

It is a bear,,,loads of iron and nails,,some modern trash.

My goal,,to see if I could take Impact and find just one coin,,,if I could would be tremendous for this site.

I only dug what I thought based on audio and vdi reporting,,what I thought were heavily challenged targets.

The Impact wearing smallest coil is the most intuitive metal detector Inhave ever run,,,period.

For whatever reason(s) this detector talks to me in ways I have never heard before.

The way the meter works,,tones,,and iron volume tones, overload tone,I can easily pick out challenged targets,,,targets that are being tremendously masked by ferrous materials,,even some targets being mask by nonferrous materials.

How polluted is this site,,,many times I could 't even lay my Garrett propointer down without it sounding off on whatever was in the ground.

Depths of the 2 coins,,wheat about 4" deep,,and the vnickel maybe 3" tops.

Folks there is a well here,,and a road where landowner drives back to the back part of his farm. Old house is gone. Can see it footprint by the footers that are flush with the ground.

If I knew how many times all these finds have been swung over by me,,I would puke.

So much for sink rates!!

This may sound strange to folks here by saying,,Impact will even find junk targets some other detectors won't alert on.

I think the bigger find is part of a lantern.

A stainless steel nut.
And a few other odds and ends.

DI99 mode,,99 gain,disc level 1, 20khz, used today.

I should also say,,first hunt in a while using Impact,,,been spending quite a bit of time with Deus V4. One of the reasons for my comments about the total language package this detector gives me wearing smallest coil.

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! i enjoy using my deus, but really need to find a way to come up with the $ for an impact pro package.....
I'm thinking it would be a good companion detector to the XP

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have 2 Deus units along with 3 coils.
This Impact ain't going anywhere anytime soon.lol

Deadly detector in my book.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! i enjoy using my deus, but really need to find a way to come up with the $ for an impact pro package.....
I'm thinking it would be a good companion detector to the XP

Hey, come on! You know the answer to that! Here's how to find the $.
Use your Deus to find a couple of gold or platinum rings. Problem solved!

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, come on! You know the answer to that! Here's how to find the $.
Use your Deus to find a couple of gold or platinum rings. Problem solved!

Yeah, been thinking I need to find something valuable instead of historical artifacts. Probably should hit some local beaches while they are vacant.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small coil size has a lot to do with being able to pick out good targets from trashy sites.
As you probably know in the old days they threw all of their trash out the door into the yard.
I routinely pull musket balls and buttons out of the piles of trash near old home sites.

I use the Gold Racer with the 5" round coil. I think round vs. concentric also is a factor in trashy sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions