Impatient buyers?

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me like I have had to deal with impatient buyers more lately than in the past. Had a message from a buyer today that bought something on a Friday night and was kind of having a fit. I printed the label on Sunday night so item was marked shipped then, and then I gave it USPS on Monday when they reopened from the weekend, very clearly in my 1 business day handling time window. Anyone else dealing with this impatience more lately?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an Impatient Buyer :hello2:

99% of the time I Buy on Ebay I almost immediately get a Notification of the Buy from Ebay & Shortly after a Notification with a Tracking Number. Naturally it takes about 24 Hours or at least overnight till USPS or other update with a Estimated Delivery, Which is usually2 3 days Longer then it actually Takes.

Because of This , I Am Spoiled. If someone takes 48 Hours to even Confirm they got my Order,
I get perturbed :laughing7:

Because I Have a 100% Positive Rating I'm diplomatic and Wait. But it does Irritate me.

Actually Today's Order

11:48 AM
000aaa.jpg
Went & had Dinner.
000bbb.jpg
Updated at 1:29 PM

Not bad at All !

I Usually take it out on the People I Buy my Coffee From though :tongue3:

There have been times they have taken a Week to ship, Yet their Website says they ship Same day.
So when They are very Late Shipping I Complain. & They usually Refund My order & Overnight it

Which Spoils me More, But makes me Feel bad when it happens again.

& I complain again.

But Seriously Coffee is My Antipsychotic drug

giphy7.gif

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Jeff. But I don't send stupid messages to the seller.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me like I have had to deal with impatient buyers more lately than in the past. Had a message from a buyer today that bought something on a Friday night and was kind of having a fit. I printed the label on Sunday night so item was marked shipped then, and then I gave it USPS on Monday when they reopened from the weekend, very clearly in my 1 business day handling time window. Anyone else dealing with this impatience more lately?

I am a seller on the bay of despair for over 17 years.
Still have my 100% feedback, never had anything but positive.

And yes, I have seen the change with buyers.

Had a lady ask, "wheres my stuff?"
She had only a few transactions,.... deadly ground to step on as a buyer.

So, I explained, "I shipped on Saturday, there's no delivery on Sunday,......
Monday was Veteran's Day,.... post office, court house, are all closed,.....
Today is Tuesday, and tracking shows it was delivered to your mail box today.

The most dangerous buyer is one that has, (0) transactions, or very few.

They didn't read the rules, they don't know the score, they don't read descriptions,
and they don't know how the system works.

Now, add that to the fact they are trying to navigate a complicated website with a ton
of options and settings,...... on the small screen of their cell phone.

What a joke.

Let's not forget, feebay jiggered the playing field so that,.....
"Only Sellers Can Receive Neutral Or Negative Feedback"

Every buyer on earth is considered perfect and without flaw.

I really used to like selling and listing there.

Now it's a minefield for sellers.

I also noticed there are Way More idiots there.

Saw a good seller there once,.... feedback 99.99 or whatever,....

I was curious so I looked what dinged him,.....

A woman, gave him a negative feedback, his only one, for,......

"This is not the color blue I imagined it would be"

And then there are the California buyers,...... don't get me started.

I am supposed to run to the post office at midnight, because this this person
lives next door to Jay Leno's gardener.

Bite Me

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I Would have asked Who's Jay Lenno ?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a lot of non paying buyers. Usually great feedback, 100 or so transactions over 5-9 years. No contact, nothin'.
I have my ship by set at 3 days try to mail next day to avoid impatience.

Last edited:

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of , but not all , of the impatience on ebay is because when you buy on amazon or walmart you have a good chance of getting your items in 2 days. If you buy on saturday and ship on monday they think " i would already have it from amazon , whats wrong with this seller " . I have bought a few things on ebay where i didn't get the item for 2 weeks , but the seller never did mark it as shipped... i quit checking after a month. Asa seller i always shipped within 24 hours unless they bought over the weekend after noon on saturday . My local post office was only 100 yards from my home and my items were already boxed up so print label and head out the door.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Well, I have been buying on EBay since 1999 with over 1,000 buys and 100% Feedback.

What I have noticed the past few years is sellers that CHARGE YOU FOR PRIORITY MAIL and then wait 4 days to drop it off at the post office.

Geeez, that frustrates me. Now, I make sure to read every little word in the description that outlines when they make their post office runs. If they say they mail only on a certain day and charge you for Priority Mail - I just jump to the next seller.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Very Rarely Buy when there is a Shipping Charge.
Only if there is non Free & in my mind, I Need what I'm buying.

Shipping usually adds way to much.

They have started adding tax this year Too :(

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't anyone going to come on and post buy local! Around here it is the slogan of many businesses, but they also have their online side of business. I laugh when I see Buy Local, the sinking ship. Even the Yellow Cab has Ride Local on the back due to someone took a big bite out of their pie. Myself we order online, much easier on us. One time we ordered from Cosco 6 of those 48 pound bags of cat litter among other things. That was fun to watch when the truck pulled up.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always Preferred to Buy Cheapest. Compared to buying Local.

These days having no Vehicle & Having to Count on Others, I've taken to Buying online
whenever possible. But Still watch for best Prices.

I've never seen Decent Prices at Small Mom & Pops.
Just Expired Food, & Dust

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
yeah me. now i bet u want to hear what and why too ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of impatient people alot of people are trying to get a discount or something for free God knows we dont have kids and families but to avoid a negative you do what you have to these people are just thieves and spoiled.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell an item alot which I put on a ruler and take a picture buyer gives a neg cause it was bigger than advertised luckily I got neg removed but These people who complain to get free stuff dont realize how many people have them on the BBL and dont even know it get a life

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I buy (hoard) silver, I recently purchased a bulk lot of mixed silver coins... paid $3.xx for priority delivery, and to my surprise, instead of finding a priority package with my coins in my mailbox, was a USPS notice for POSTAGE DUE!! So i schlepped my carcass into town, paid the $3.09 for the postage due, and received my ENVELOPE (not a padded mailer).. with my coins. I honestly don’t care how they get to my house, but don’t charge me for Priority shopping and just toss’em in an envelope. Good thing is, I messaged the seller and he responded instantly, refunded the shipping and apologized. All good.. I got my coins and my silver stack groweth... Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions