WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Try as you might, you are not as regal as an eagle.

impersonator.JPG

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vulture drying it’s wings eh? My folks have a hobby farm with horse fencing built with wood poles. At any one time they will have 5-15 vultures, each one has its own pole, and they’re out they’re in the morning sun getting warm and drying out. Ugly and harmless really. Certainly no eagle though!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Vulture drying it’s wings eh? My folks have a hobby farm with horse fencing built with wood poles. At any one time they will have 5-15 vultures, each one has its own pole, and they’re out they’re in the morning sun getting warm and drying out. Ugly and harmless really. Certainly no eagle though!

I had 3 of them stalking me last year.

buzzards.JPG

buzzard1.jpg

buzzard2.JPG

buzzard3.JPG

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree they are not as regal as an eagle .However I know an employee of a wildlife organization that says an eagle is just a buzzard in an tuxedo His position is they are mostly a bird that is a scavenger just like a buzzard . He has a point

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They follow me around when I don't shower in 2 or 3 days :tongue3: I'm out here in the deserts of Nevada now in the 90° plus weather and those buzzards might just start hanging around me before the day is over.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree they are not as regal as an eagle .However I know an employee of a wildlife organization that says an eagle is just a buzzard in an tuxedo His position is they are mostly a bird that is a scavenger just like a buzzard . He has a point

Huh. I understand it that they will resort to scavenging cation, but the majority of their diet is fish and then other fish eating birds of prey. Interesting. Maybe a shortage of food sources in his area? :dontknow:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
They follow me around when I don't shower in 2 or 3 days :tongue3: I'm out here in the deserts of Nevada now in the 90° plus weather and those buzzards might just start hanging around me before the day is over.
Did they getcha? We’re supposed to be in the hundreds for the rest of the week and weekend. Nasty stuff!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Buzzards always fool me into thinking they are turkeys. It's a pain in the butt when you spot a "turkey" in the distance, and sneak up into position only to find out it's a buzzard. Nice picture.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Buzzards always fol me into thinking they are turkeys. It' a pain in the butt when you spot a "turkey" in the distance, and sneak up into position only to find out it's a buzzard. Nice picture.:icon_thumright:
I guess that’s how they got the name turkey buzzards.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that’s how they got the name turkey buzzards.

They are much appreciated here in SC. Lots of road kill cleaned up by them. If I’m not mistaken, they are a protected species here for that reason.

I just hate that they wait til the last second to get out of the way.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
They are much appreciated here in SC. Lots of road kill cleaned up by them. If I’m not mistaken, they are a protected species here for that reason.

I just hate that they wait til the last second to get out of the way.

They do have an important role in this world. I know what you mean about waiting until the last minute to fly away. I’m fortunate that I have not hit one. I did hit a little birdie yesterday. I don’t know what it was. I hate that & the sound!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like buzzards! A couple years ago the fledglings looked terribly hungry, I think they got out of the nest a couple days too early. I went up to Wallymart and purchased them a huge set of tasty fish!

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a nesting pair in the local area. For the last several years they have installed a camera that is on 24/7.And it is open to the public .The eagles are bringing lots of dead fish and road kills on a regular basis . But cleaning up road kill and dead fish is fine with me Whether it is eagles or buzzards they are part of the food chain

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool photo, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I like buzzards! A couple years ago the fledglings looked terribly hungry, I think they got out of the nest a couple days too early. I went up to Wallymart and purchased them a huge set of tasty fish!

So a cat buys fish to feed birds. Kinda funny.:laughing9:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They roost in a tall pine at the corner of my lot. When they come in to their roost in the evenings, it is like planes coming in at an airport, one at a time, with the rest circling until they are cleared to land - but always one at a time through the pine branches. When its too windy for them in the trees, they will hunker down in a couple of low spots. When I see them, I always think its time to move faster and look more lively.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the owls! I have not learned how to spot them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread