ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of my friends, Craig is a member of Ringfinders and asked me if I wanted to help him on a search today. A lady lost her wedding set in a lake. He was told she could take us to within 20'. Well I decided why not. Got to the lake and we were going out on a pontoon boat. No problem. Loaded all our stuff on it and she took us out to the middle of the lake! I was thinking no possible way. She was on the ladder getting ready to water ski and she somehow flipped BOTH her rings off her finger. No GPS, just a camera photo.

I am thinking this will be impossible. We suit up and go in. The lake was shallow. Probably eight and a half foot deep where we were and a carpet of weeds on the bottom.

I am swinging my Fisher CZ-21 with the 10.5 inch coil. Craig is swinging an Excal with a 6" coil. After about an hour of searching and finding three ring pull tabs and a shot gun shell headstamp. I come up to Craig in the boat. They call me over. I thought they wanted to give up because it was 49° out. NO, Craig found the rings about 10' in front of the boat.

I was absolutely shocked! I knew we just had to get a coil over them but we were in the middle of nowhere!

Went to another lake after that and we played in the weeds on a drop off. I picked up two silver rings and an aluminum one. And a whole 38¢. Just got home. A three hour drive.

Last edited:
Upvote 33

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So easy.....l.o.l..

Way to go guys.
The lady made a good call on where the ring was....but still.
Around 14 feet in many Mi. lakes before weeds peter out.
Type weed matters ,but better you guys than me!

Congrats.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't believe you found those rings! AMAZING! She must have been delighted.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is a very modest lady, she meant she could take you within 10' not 20'.

I know I'm pretty good at visual references, because I do it all the time, sometimes in very big fields, but I'm not sure its very easy in a large lake. I can only assume she visited the place A LOT! Or just has amazing skills.

CONGRATS to the both of you for the near impossible return.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
diver.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERY ScubaDetector :..
Thanks for sharing!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, great effort. Last week I had my FIRST experience in same type of thing, a young woman doing a photo shoot lost her wedding ring in about 3' of water, and was frantic about it, next day I met with her and she led to about where, and somehow, within 10 minutes, I actually found it and returned it, she was one happy young lady. Great feeling. Nicest ring I've ever found, 14k with large diamond, (and I knew it wasn't mine). Sometimes you guys do inspire me.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a seemingly impossible task. :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find & return!
Those aren't very large targets either.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions to you both...nice job! :occasion14:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post!!! Great job on the return glad you guys got out after and made some other awesome finds!!

Congrats and HH

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going! It's funny hoe some people a good spatial awareness of their location. I once had a 12 year old boy tell me he lost a gold bracelet on a Venice, FL beach the day before. I asked him to show me where about and he immediately went to one spot of a long stretch of beach with no identifying landmarks. It was low tide and he showed me a spot near the water. I'm thinking hummmm right..... within 20 minutes I found the bracelet! I was amazed how accurate he was in his memory especially with no real landmarks!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going! It's funny hoe some people a good spatial awareness of their location. I once had a 12 year old boy tell me he lost a gold bracelet on a Venice, FL beach the day before. I asked him to show me where about and he immediately went to one spot of a long stretch of beach with no identifying landmarks. It was low tide and he showed me a spot near the water. I'm thinking hummmm right..... within 20 minutes I found the bracelet! I was amazed how accurate he was in his memory especially with no real landmarks!
So very true, the young woman I helped had it narrowed down to about a 6' sq. area where it dropped into the water, and not a "somewhere around here I think" deal. Much like the 12yr old and bracelet, on a large beach, pretty much pointed out the spot, and with ScubaDetector and Craig, out in a lake with no way to mark it, in about a 20' area?, impossible. Now with Scuba and Craig, THAT would be a daunting task, like a mission impossible, but fella's like that took the challenge for perhaps three reasons, the love of detecting, as well as the love of diving, and I'll bet they felt it was just the right thing to do, a couple of good guys, who just happened to have the skill to do it. Again, another very happy young lady. Ever notice though, that many of us, when we "lose" something that meant something to us, we can seem to remember just about where, or real close to it, but when we "Misplace" something, like car keys, because we set them down somewhere other then were we normally do, can't find them to nearly the point of going insane. Again, great effort fella's, with a really great outcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions