Impressed with the ORX

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man if the Deus is any better than the ORX is I do not think I could stand it. Very well made and lightning fast. I am really impressed with it. If I had know about it 3 months ago, I do not think I would have tried out so many other ones here lately. I do not even know all of the settings yet but it is coming along little by little.

Looks like a few machines will be sold off or put on the back burner. I am very impressed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to hear someone likes their machine! I think most of us really do. I have bought some turkeys in the past and sold them quickly, that's why I try to tell folks to test drive one if they can, but that's getting harder and harder. The two biggest dealers in my area closed up shop within the last 18 months.

It is quite similar to the Deus, which I have. I set mine on Deus Fast, most times 74 khz with the HF elliptical coil, tracking balance and then in a stern voice tell it to go find good stuff. It obeys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me I know what you mean about the small shop guys. I was one of them for a couple of years. I too was a multi line dealer and had my own shop brick and mortar. I could not compete with the online boom and in 2014 shut her down. It has taken several years for me to get back into the hobby itself with passion. Now I am like I was before i went into business and am having a blast again.

Anyway, so I really do not know what is going on exactly yet on this ORX as I am just figuring out the menu and how to go about making changes and setting it up.

So when your detecting at the 74khz, how well does it react to silver coins at depth and also what size coil is that as well?

Do you coin shoot, relic hunt or look for jewelry or a combination of the 3?

I was looking at one of the lower frequency coils tonight online. I am not exactly sure which one it was but it said the 3 and 4 khz will not have the boost settings configured on the ORX.

I do not remember when I have used a frequency that low in a long time as everything seems to be built on the 12-14 khz format. If I was thinking of hunting an area that had deep targets I already have a machine set up with a larger coil on it already. That being said, I do not think I would rely on the ORX alone in such a situation.

But at an old house or a pasture that has never been turned over, I can see this little ORX doing extremely well at a place like that.

I was trying this one out somewhere in the 30khz range this evening. I found it really hit hard on spent 22 bullets that were about 6 inches deep. I was surprised. I was also surprised at the reaction in the coin deep program on my little test garden.

I cannot really say that my current line up is anything to sneeze at as far as the other detectors I have are pretty decent. But when it comes to first impression, so far this little ORX has made one of the best. I am going to have to give it some time but man you can just swing this thing all day without any issues for long periods of time. I thought the equinox was a light machine but this one has it beat.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes a breath...I have the 9" elliptical HF coil. I apparently break all the rules of frequency when detecting. At the 74khz, which seems to like me, it will nail a silver quarter at 12" and blow your ears off! No fooling! I went behind some folks at a colonial site using AT Max's, At Pro's, Minelab 800's and a couple other machines I didn't get the makes of, and pulled out a bunch of 17th and 18th century buttons, one silver Germanic coin, which is dog food, but the coin dealer stated it was 15th century, and it was down 7" and is about the size of a US trime. I also got a BIG 3.5" or so lid to a brass early 18th century tobacco box at I suppose 15" or so. I kept digging and digging and out it popped. It was standing straight up and down - literally on edge. I mainly relic hunt but have a a couple parks I go to and also the beach on occasion.

I have dug gold coins at over 6" to (I think) 9" or so. I dug a $1 US gold at about 5" in bad ground. Deepest mid size gold ring at a salt water beach was about 10" down.

People keep telling me I should do better around 30 khz, but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes a breath...I have the 9" elliptical HF coil. I apparently break all the rules of frequency when detecting. At the 74khz, which seems to like me, it will nail a silver quarter at 12" and blow your ears off! No fooling! I went behind some folks at a colonial site using AT Max's, At Pro's, Minelab 800's and a couple other machines I didn't get the makes of, and pulled out a bunch of 17th and 18th century buttons, one silver Germanic coin, which is dog food, but the coin dealer stated it was 15th century, and it was down 7" and is about the size of a US trime. I also got a BIG 3.5" or so lid to a brass early 18th century tobacco box at I suppose 15" or so. I kept digging and digging and out it popped. It was standing straight up and down - literally on edge. I mainly relic hunt but have a a couple parks I go to and also the beach on occasion.

I have dug gold coins at over 6" to (I think) 9" or so. I dug a $1 US gold at about 5" in bad ground. Deepest mid size gold ring at a salt water beach was about 10" down.

People keep telling me I should do better around 30 khz, but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I second that... if what your using works, stay with it.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is very impressive I must say and your doing it with the 9 inch elliptical coil at that!!

I am blown away by your experience. And like you said if it works then why bother changing it.

I took it to show my buddy who is a die hard F75 fan ever since it hit the scene. He is the one who turned me on to the new F series and pulled me in hook line and sinker. Well last night I got to change his tune with the ORX and this morning he ordered a brand new ORX with the 9 inch X35 coil with the little wired headphones.

He was blown away with it. We did a little test and he took the control pod and walked at least 100 feet away from me while I was swinging the coil over a target and there was no lag in the signal even at that distance.

Anyways I too relic hunt and coin shoot. From what testing and use I have done already in the short time I have had mine, I do not think I am going to get another coil any time soon.

It was very easy to swing this 9 inch through the woods and around small trees. It seems to be a very good size coil for most situations.

When I was a dealer my Whites rep told me that the Deus was a fast machine but it did not get any depth. I wished I looked into them more several years ago because from what I know now I believe I would have went ahead and got one and now I realize he was full of $hit by saying that to me.

However I believe the ORX had everything I need already. I prefer 3 tones with minimal disc. I am not one that changes or alters tone break points. I already have a few units that do that but I never fiddle with them.

Anyways I have tried to look online for a good video example comparing the ORX vs Deus on targets in ground. Do any of you know of a video in English that does that?? I would like to see it.

So far the only videos I like on the ORX is by the guy in England on the XP channel and the guy called The man with the hat.

Most videos of average Joe guys are in other languages and the XP USA guys do not get very technical or explain settings and all. Not that they are doing a bad thing but I like to know specs and settings and why one would do it at the sight they are hunting that day.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you want to know about the ORX settings? I help Andy Sabisch teach the XP Bootcamps...but Smokey still kicks my tuckus in the field. Lol.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok since you asked here we go!! And thanks for stepping up tp the plate as well!!

What is going on between coin fast and coin deep? Is it some kind of boost process with less ID filters in coin deep allowing non ferrous items to come through the matrix or depth that is already programmed into the ORX that you cannot adjust?

If you put the exact same coils and run the exact same frequencies on the ORX vs Deus will both machines react to targets that are at the same depth? In other words, are they equal on depth?

It seems to me when I turn the ORX it saves the settings and frequencies I used last is this correct?

When I pair up the wireless headphones which I have not used yet, will the ORX remember this or will I have to pair them up every time I use the wireless headphones?

i think that is about all of the questions I need answered at the moment.

What do you want to know about the ORX settings? I help Andy Sabisch teach the XP Bootcamps...but Smokey still kicks my tuckus in the field. Lol.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to V. He knows full well I have no idea how my machine works, but I go slow and steady and overlap myself and it works. What's fun is when we all get together, hammer a spot, then go back in 2 weeks and STILL pull stuff out of the ground. Miss it by an inch, miss it by a mile.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I went out into the woods behind my house tonight again for about an hour or so. Now I have been pounding this little place here at home for several years and have ran everything from a Tesoro silver sabre umax to an equinox out there. There was once a little civil war federal camp I came across several years ago on my land. Now the finds are getting harder and harder to come across. My best finds out there was a pair of US 1859 style Bit Bosses.

Long story short, I took the ORX out for a little while this evening. I am convinced that this little puppy is everything it seems to be. I was running coin fast at 31khz at first and came across a weak signal. I put it into coin deep and the signal came in loud and clear. So needless to say when I dug it up I found a .36 caliber musket ball at about 10 inches deep. I took a pic of it inside of the hole and you can see it right above the tip of my pin pointer in the hole. I was totally impressed with that I must say. I have only dug one of those at that depth with a 13" coil I have on my Racer 2. This is only a 9" coil paired up on the ORX. So, to me that is really saying something about the performance of this little machine and I am very happy with it. I also dug some old shotgun brass and those puppies rang up loud and clear as well. There are a couple of 22 bullets and a 22 short bullet casing too that popped in loud and clear. Now I know this old shotgun brass is old but that is nothing really to brag much about, however, if there was a civil war button around and I walked over it with this ORX, I can tell already it would go off loud and clear. I also dug a couple of small bent square nails from horse shoes too. I knew they were going to be the little pesky things before I dug them as well because of the mixed audio, but I did it just to confirm my thoughts. Anyways, maybe I will get to go to another place before long and try the ORX on some coin shooting.

Here are a couple of pics just from tonights little adventure, HH Tim

SKUDEc6.jpg

xuO8qzd.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to have a lot of fun with it. The F75 machine you mentioned is also a very good machine. I would guess all the big manufacturers have a few really good machines in their stables right now, but different machines for different uses. The speed and depth on the XP's is incredible. When I first saw the Deus I literally laughed at the dealer. We did a test drive at his house and I was not impressed. He then came over to my house, and proceeded to pull a 14k wedding band out of my lawn. I bought the machine on the spot. My Deus looks like the dog got it, then gave it to the cat, who then gave it to my three hens to play with. Half the paint is worn off, I used some Maguire's headlight restorer (used for autos) to make the display readable again, it's been rained on, dropped in the ocean, dragged along when I got tired, snowed on, hailed on, dropped more times than I'd like to admit, buried once or twice or more times, after all those Civil War trash pits must be dug out and I sat it down next to a trash pit this past winter and got my little camp chair out and set the chair on the shaft, and sat for awhile. Didn't break it. The warranty goes till November this year.

Best tip, don't "tweak" the settings to something you see on youtube for a few months and GO SLOW.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.....you mean another fellow pulled a ring out of your own yard and just for the heck of it as I have to know, what did you say when that dealer did that???

Yes the F75 is about the best thing that came out of the first TX company so far. I had mine up until last may when I bought the anfibio. It was a 2012 F75 LTD and it was a good unit. Now that anfibio is up for sale but I am still gonna keep the Racer. I like it very much for what it is but really to tell you the truth, I do not favor many many settings to tweak. I like to turn a knob or flip a switch to be honest.

I think what I like most about this unit other than how fast it responds is the fact that it reacts to deeper targets like an analog machine. It really sounds like a deep target when it is a deep and shallow when a target is shallow. Some of the newer units have that modulated audio. The Turkish models have that. In other words, in certain modes the target gets louder as the coil approaches it. It makes for a noisy hunt when there are a lot of shallow targets. I am not a fan of that at all but I know some people like that, it i sjust not for me.

This ORX to me is the best example that I have come across of how a new machine will react to an object at depth like the old beep and dig units would. I like the round sound of a good signal in the ground at depth and you can tell it is a good target at depth with this ORX. Which I am sure the Deus reacts the same way.

The only tweaking I have really done to the ORX is I have run the sensitivity up a little and just change frequencies on it. I am gonna stick with the 30 khz range for a while and see what happens. That is all I have done with it.

I have not messed with the reactivity settings and I also have not ran the disc up from the factory settings either. I am perfectly happy with the factory settings on the disc.

I am glad to hear that you have put your Deus through so much pain and abuse and it is still working well for you.

So do you actually search in salt water or just the wet sand? How does your Deus act in the salt water?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done the beach much this year (the doctors got ahold of me), but don't particular like that kind of detecting. I have found gold with it, two years ago I was there a lot and had a lot to show for it, but not this year. The Deus needs a $25 under water kit (which I had), but it will work in salt water, but there are a lot of better machines out there for that.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok since you asked here we go!! And thanks for stepping up tp the plate as well!!

What is going on between coin fast and coin deep? Is it some kind of boost process with less ID filters in coin deep allowing non ferrous items to come through the matrix or depth that is already programmed into the ORX that you cannot adjust?

If you put the exact same coils and run the exact same frequencies on the ORX vs Deus will both machines react to targets that are at the same depth? In other words, are they equal on depth?

It seems to me when I turn the ORX it saves the settings and frequencies I used last is this correct?

When I pair up the wireless headphones which I have not used yet, will the ORX remember this or will I have to pair them up every time I use the wireless headphones?

i think that is about all of the questions I need answered at the moment.

Coins Fast vs. Coins Deep

Coins Fast is running additional iron filters under the hood for low reactivity settings. On Deus this is called silencer and is adjustable and you can turn it off. On ORX you can't turn it off. It helps make the machine break up falsing iron or mixed ferrous signals like bottlecaps. The drawback is that it can cause masking of non-ferrous near ferrous targets and can break up non-ferrous signals in highly mineralized dirt, affecting depth. If you run Coins Fast at reactivity 2.5 or 3, the silencer filter is turned off. Coins Deep does not use the silencer filter at all.

Coins Deep also has signal processing that enhances deep target signals at the expense of a little more chattines than Coins Fast. I think your round ball story illustrates this clearly. Coins deep really pulled out that deep round ball target signal out of the muck that was less audible in coins fast.

ORX vs. Deus Depth

Use of exact settings and exact coils should result in no depth differences between ORX and Deus. The thing is there are some settings you can tweak on on Deus that you can't on ORX (transmit power, extreme reactivity settings, silencer settings, Ground Balance tracking, ID norm off, and pitch tones to name a few) that will enhance Deus performance over ORX under certain circumstances.

Remembering Settings

From my experience, the changes from the default settings on the built in programs are lost when you turn off the controller. If you want to save custom user settings you have to save the modified Gold or Coins program to one of the two available user program slots.

Wireless phones

Once paired, the ORX detects and connects to the wireless phones automatically after the controller boots up and the phones are turned on at the beginning of each detecting session. Pretty seamless and reliable. One of tge great features of Deus/ORX is tge wireless phones, so take advantage of it. The puck is removable and can be attached to other 3rd party compatble phones if you prefer full suze phones, for example.

Other tips:

Yes, use that disc. The default setting is good. Anywhere fro 7 to 10 is ideal. Avoid the temptation to go with lower or zero disc settings. It does nothing to improve depth and you lose accuracy on the the iron probabilty indicator. If you need to hear the iron to ascertain whether you are near tge remnants of a structure, just keep iron volume on.

Keep sensitivity near the default. Cranking it much higher than 90 doesn't give you much in the way of deoth performance and really cranks up noise susceptibility. Lower sebsitivity if needed to reduce chatter. In real thick iron junk, crank down on sensitivity (go as low as 80 or so) and that can help lower ferrous overload on tge coil and can help partially maked, shalliw keepers pip out of the muck. This is sonetines referred to as sifting and us counter intuitive to most detectorists as we seem to be overly obsessed with depth.

28 to 30 khz seems to be the sweet spot for reluc hunting for me. The 9" round HF is ny fav coil. For coun shooting, I bump frequency down to 14 khz.

Experiment with gold mode, the pitch tone it uses can really pull out some marginal deep targets, though you are reliant on the visual display for target ID. It also does not use discrimination but something called iron audio rejection, which works similar to the silencer filter (not a fan, so I rarely use it). The default for IAR is 0 (off), so if you want to go with a pseudo all metal mode with ORX, then try tge gold mode.

Gary's Deus/ORX skill school videos are great for learning the various settings, but avoid using his specific settings because they are set up for UK hunting and conditions. He likes to run with zero disc for some reason (which is counter to how XP designed Deus/ORX to run), so I do not recomnend emulating every aspect of his custom settings unless you realky know how that is going to affect oerformance on your target objectives and soil type (UK soil ground phase pretty is pretty constant at tge defaukt ORX GB default settingm not the case in the US).

HH

HTH

Last edited:

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made a check iron program on the Deus that runs at 4 kHz with reactivity 1, silencer 3. I love it when bottle caps fall apart and iffy signals disappear. I like it better when the iffy signal is still there and it's a great target, but I digress. We know that the ORX normalizes TID's, but if equipped with the X35 coil, could we at least make a 4 kHz check iron program on the ORX and could we expect bottle caps to fall apart and small iron and rust to disappear the way that they would on the Deus?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because all IDs are normalized, you can't get the 4khz bottlecap ID clue, but you can still check by simply going with a Coins Fast low reactivity setting at any frequency and compare the quality of that signal with one at high reactivity to see if the low reactivity signal breaks up due to silencer acting on the ferrous component. Will have to try that on some sanpke targets ince tge temps drop back down to less than 1000F

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for answering the questions I had. It verified some thoughts I had on the ORX and what was going on inside of the control box.

I like the XP skill school. Actually it was his review video on the ORX that allowed me to be more familiar with the settings. I don't fiddle much with the recovery speed and such often at all and have not done anything except ground balance, sensitivity boost and frequency shift on my ORX.

I am glad to know that the wireless phones once paired will continually be paired. I am very pleased with this unit.

I found Garys video last night on youtube that ran through the search programs that are on the Deus. It answered my thoughts on the setting format of the Deus compared to the ORX. After watching that video, the settings on the ORX other than the X Y screen are the exact ones that I would use which are already on the ORX.

I also like the iron confidence meter and the larger window that pops up when you go over a target.

So far this is the coolest metal detector I have ever held in my hands. If it had a running depth meter of some sort it would be perfect but after having some more recently made modern units from over seas, I have noticed that the depth meter on them is not as accurate as it could be on coin sized objects. So I guess the ORX really does not need a running depth meter.

I have noticed in pinpoint mode that the shaded area of the window that pops up does indicate how deep the target is. Also with how the audio reacts to how deep the targets are in the ground as well.

Anyways, Thank you vferrari for taking the time to shed some light on my thoughts and questions!! HH Tim

Coins Fast vs. Coins Deep

Coins Fast is running additional iron filters under the hood for low reactivity settings. On Deus this is called silencer and is adjustable and you can turn it off. On ORX you can't turn it off. It helps make the machine break up falsing iron or mixed ferrous signals like bottlecaps. The drawback is that it can cause masking of non-ferrous near ferrous targets and can break up non-ferrous signals in highly mineralized dirt, affecting depth. If you run Coins Fast at reactivity 2.5 or 3, the silencer filter is turned off. Coins Deep does not use the silencer filter at all.

Coins Deep also has signal processing that enhances deep target signals at the expense of a little more chattines than Coins Fast. I think your round ball story illustrates this clearly. Coins deep really pulled out that deep round ball target signal out of the muck that was less audible in coins fast.

ORX vs. Deus Depth

Use of exact settings and exact coils should result in no depth differences between ORX and Deus. The thing is there are some settings you can tweak on on Deus that you can't on ORX (transmit power, extreme reactivity settings, silencer settings, Ground Balance tracking, ID norm off, and pitch tones to name a few) that will enhance Deus performance over ORX under certain circumstances.

Remembering Settings

From my experience, the changes from the default settings on the built in programs are lost when you turn off the controller. If you want to save custom user settings you have to save the modified Gold or Coins program to one of the two available user program slots.

Wireless phones

Once paired, the ORX detects and connects to the wireless phones automatically after the controller boots up and the phones are turned on at the beginning of each detecting session. Pretty seamless and reliable. One of tge great features of Deus/ORX is tge wireless phones, so take advantage of it. The puck is removable and can be attached to other 3rd party compatble phones if you prefer full suze phones, for example.

Other tips:

Yes, use that disc. The default setting is good. Anywhere fro 7 to 10 is ideal. Avoid the temptation to go with lower or zero disc settings. It does nothing to improve depth and you lose accuracy on the the iron probabilty indicator. If you need to hear the iron to ascertain whether you are near tge remnants of a structure, just keep iron volume on.

Keep sensitivity near the default. Cranking it much higher than 90 doesn't give you much in the way of deoth performance and really cranks up noise susceptibility. Lower sebsitivity if needed to reduce chatter. In real thick iron junk, crank down on sensitivity (go as low as 80 or so) and that can help lower ferrous overload on tge coil and can help partially maked, shalliw keepers pip out of the muck. This is sonetines referred to as sifting and us counter intuitive to most detectorists as we seem to be overly obsessed with depth.

28 to 30 khz seems to be the sweet spot for reluc hunting for me. The 9" round HF is ny fav coil. For coun shooting, I bump frequency down to 14 khz.

Experiment with gold mode, the pitch tone it uses can really pull out some marginal deep targets, though you are reliant on the visual display for target ID. It also does not use discrimination but something called iron audio rejection, which works similar to the silencer filter (not a fan, so I rarely use it). The default for IAR is 0 (off), so if you want to go with a pseudo all metal mode with ORX, then try tge gold mode.

Gary's Deus/ORX skill school videos are great for learning the various settings, but avoid using his specific settings because they are set up for UK hunting and conditions. He likes to run with zero disc for some reason (which is counter to how XP designed Deus/ORX to run), so I do not recomnend emulating every aspect of his custom settings unless you realky know how that is going to affect oerformance on your target objectives and soil type (UK soil ground phase pretty is pretty constant at tge defaukt ORX GB default settingm not the case in the US).

HH

HTH

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some quick thoughts
- I'm just as amazed with this machine as BigTim. My other machines are collecting dust fast! I would have bought a Deus 5 years ago!
- It's just so light and fast! (I'm not even sure my Vaquero was this light?)
- Most of the bottle caps I have encountered are in the low to mid 80's on the vdi (So I have been skipping over 99% of these targets but checking a few just to verify - I suppose I could miss a few good targets? )
- I pair my headphones every time ..not sure if I have to but it takes only about 10 secs. The Pin-pointer is always paired and can be adjusted to a insane level plus the added effect of hearing it through the headset is nice and stealthy.
- The three tones I thought might be an issue but it really isn't because the audio modulation is top notch. (I feels like a 5 or 6 tone machine)
- Twice this machine has really amazed me as I had a high vdi like 95 and pulled out a big chunk iron that was only to recheck the hole and find a quarter in the hole!
- Gary's videos on the XP youtube channel are very helpful and other manufactures should take note.

* Also not necessary machine related but I hit my biggest clad coin spill with the orx on Sunday about 25 quarters in a 10' circle at the fair grounds. Actually I'm pretty sure they dump pen shavings in this spot and my bet is kids drop their clad in the pens.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some quick thoughts
- I'm just as amazed with this machine as BigTim. My other machines are collecting dust fast! I would have bought a Deus 5 years ago!
- It's just so light and fast! (I'm not even sure my Vaquero was this light?)
- Most of the bottle caps I have encountered are in the low to mid 80's on the vdi (So I have been skipping over 99% of these targets but checking a few just to verify - I suppose I could miss a few good targets? )
- I pair my headphones every time ..not sure if I have to but it takes only about 10 secs. The Pin-pointer is always paired and can be adjusted to a insane level plus the added effect of hearing it through the headset is nice and stealthy.
- The three tones I thought might be an issue but it really isn't because the audio modulation is top notch. (I feels like a 5 or 6 tone machine)
- Twice this machine has really amazed me as I had a high vdi like 95 and pulled out a big chunk iron that was only to recheck the hole and find a quarter in the hole!
- Gary's videos on the XP youtube channel are very helpful and other manufactures should take note.

* Also not necessary machine related but I hit my biggest clad coin spill with the orx on Sunday about 25 quarters in a 10' circle at the fair grounds. Actually I'm pretty sure they dump pen shavings in this spot and my bet is kids drop their clad in the pens.

My only comment is that you don't need to repair the headphones every time. Just turn on the remote then turn on the headphones and you should be good to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread